Tim_fa07011's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, May 9th, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

PX013ANM Contstant Fan Noise

I recently received a replacement set-top box. The fan on the replacement unit, which is model #PX013ANM, runs constantly and loudly. The TV and set-top box are located in a bedroom, and the box is unacceptably loud. The previous unit was silent almost all the time.  It also had a cooling fan, but it only kicked on during the boot sequence.

I've enabled power-saver mode, but the fan continues to run even when the unit has supposedly kicked into standby after 4 hours of inactivity. The only way to stop the noise is to unplug the box.

If the constant fan is a feature of this particular model and if there is no way to stop the fan from running, then please supply another replacement unit that is as quiet as the original one.

Thanks in advance,

Tim [Edited: "Personal Information"]

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @Tim_fa07011 [Edited to match username, remove PII], 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forums! Sorry for the experience you're having with the noisy DVR. I've had one of these and can understand how annoying it can be. I'll help by shipping a new DVR. To get started, please send me a private message with your first and last name (and the name of the account holder) and the house number associated with your service address. To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click send a message. 

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Unfortunately your replacement is one of the oldest dvrs and known for being loud. What was wrong with the previous one? I escalated to an Official Employee to see if they can get you the most recent model

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the quick response, @CCAndrew . The unit that was replaced was working fine until a week ago, then one night, during the automatic nightly reboot around 3:30 am, it just hung on the Welcome. Bienvenido, Bienvenue. screen. Not sure if an automatic update killed it or if the reboot just triggered something that was already on the edge and ready to fail.  No other symptoms, no other recent changes on my end.

Either way, the tech who brought the replacement said that the box had "lost its provisioning" when he saw the welcome screen and before he did any diagnostics. Not sure what that even means. 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Tim_fa07011 [Edited to match username, remove PII], 

It's been a pleasure working with you! Thank you for taking the time out of your days to reach out and message me. As mentioned in our private message, please let us know if you need anything in the future. We'd be happy to help. Please stay safe, stay healthy, and take care of yourself! 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I got the same issue. Loud fax and I can't sleep. I called and they told me to go to the store and get a new one. They gave me the same model PXO13ANM and this is noisy. She said take it home and try it. I asked if we could plug it in so I could listen to the fan. She said they had no equipment there to plug it in. I said all we need to do is plug in the power. She said she had no way of plugging it in. Another Customer Service person came and got me and took me to a counter and said he understood and would find a box without a fan. I said thank you. He tried and tried to find one but couldn't then gave me another box saying this one only has one fan. That when I called 1-855-652-3446 to activate this one, tell them you need them to mail you a box without a fan. I got home and had to reactivate this one (Oh man, took 1 hr! after I had already spent 2 hours prior (on the phone, travel to the store, waited in line, went from one customer service person to another) and now I got the same noisy box and needing to spend an hour to activate. Then after another tech assisted to activate I couldn't change channels. A supervisor was suppose to be calling me back but never did. I can't sleep. Do I just unplug it every night and then call and go thru the reactivation every day? It's always the run around. Even when I try the online tech support. Round and round I go trying to tell the online the remote isn't working correctly. The picture, sound, and mute worked but some weird message kept coming up saying I had no internet connection, but the program was their once that weird message went away but I couldn't change channels. Whatever, how do I get a box without a fan?!? Please. judy Xavier Livermore, ca

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here