U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, May 6th, 2023 4:08 AM

Closed

Press exit or menu to exit app keeps popping up

I've only had this happen while using Paramount+ but after a couple episodes I'll start getting the Xfinity "hint" popping up on how to exit the app. It just repeats over and over even if I leave the app and open something new until I reboot my TV.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I found a fix to this issue:

1. go to the settings icon at the top of your screen and press the middle "ok" button

2. scroll to "Preferences" and press middle button

3. scroll to "Notifications" and press ok 

4. at "All Notications" press ok to turn off

5. Arrow back to main settings screen

6. Arrow to "Device Settings"

7.  Arrow to "Power Preferences" Press Ok

8.  Arrow to "Restart" Press Ok

9   Wait for Box to Restart

10.  Press Exit or Menu to exit app is GONE!!!!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

This is happening to me and the only way to stop it is to reboot. But as soon as I watch another paramount episode it happens again 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

We appreciate you reaching out through Xfinity Forums, @barmby. We definitely want to help with troubleshooting your account. Are you only having this issue with specific shows on Paramount+ or all programs? Also, have you tried using Paramount+ on another device and are you having the same issue?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I’m having the same issue on Paramount +. I’ve tried all the recommended steps and also changed streaming boxes but the issue persists. This is beyond frustrating. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@barmby​ same only with paramount plus any episode or trailer. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityJeniece​ I noticed it when watching rugrats. After whatever episode I click play on finishes, it starts the next one with the issue over the top of the screen

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@Frostyexile Have you tried the solution posted above by @user_97818a?

Please let us know if this helps.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

This happens to me every time on the paramount plus app. It’s extremely annoying and neither system refresh or restart helps.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Always happens to me using the paramount plus app on my xfinity box

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @user_a59c31! Thank you for reaching out on our forums' page for help and for your patience while waiting for a response. I love watching this app on my Xfinity box as well so I can relate to the inconvenience that this can cause. I am sorry to learn about this experience. Are you still experiencing this issue at this time? Have you tried the awesome steps provided by user_97818a above?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Those steps aren’t so awesome

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityGabriel​ doesn’t work at all

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityGabriel​ i agree with user_d48b97 that those steps don’t work at all. They seem promising but it working is another thing because it doesn’t. Can Xfinity help or are they going to continually ask every person if their just using Paramount+ plus promises of wanting to help but not actually fixing the problem? Still waiting. ⏱️

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityGabriel​ Those steps did not fix it.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there, @user_a59c31! Thanks for posting on our community forums to let us know about this situation. What kind of device are you using to access the streaming app? Are you having the same issue on any other devices? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ only happens on flex with paramount +. The only way to get rid of it is restart. But as soon as you get to the end of another episode it comes back on

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

This has been happening for days it’s so annoying we’re paying so much money for half the service 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Happening to me too! So annoying 

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

Hello @Bm12_, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We will be happy to help with the issue that you're experiencing. Have you tried the steps mentioned above to see if it helps? 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityJimmy​ have you guys read the responses that it doesn’t work?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityJimmy​ I agree with user_d48b97, we all are having problems with Paramount+ with the notification. Is there a solution or not? Xfinity, please send fix not just more questions and promises of fixing something that should be otherwise simple or maybe Xfinity and Paramount+ should apologize to all the customers with compensation to whom they caused frustration. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Agreed!! This is terrible service.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@Frust-tra-ted123abc​ I concur completely!!!!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same here...☹️ Paramount+ too. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Well..I just tried the above mentioned steps...still Paramount+, different program, same issue.

Getting close to canceling all my Xfinity services.😠

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I keep seeing this as well. I have turned off all notifications. I am using the flex to stream 3rd party apps.  Can you assist or is this a bot responding to these posts?

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@Evilyn21 Thank you for reaching out. I can understand how frustrating this can be.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I just went to the xfinity app on my phone and that annoying message went away.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

This happens to me too and it usually begins doing it while its on paramount+ but will continue even after leaving paramount+ and watching other streaming apps. Restarting also didnt work, it kept doing it until it eventually stopped on its own. At least until the next time we watch something on paramount+ when it does it again.

Lets hope turning notifications off works!

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hi there, @S.R1501, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please let us know if turning off notifications did assist in resolving the issue. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

same with paramount only and it wont go away

Recognized Contributor

• 

238 Messages

@user_9624f9 I recently had the same issue, and it happened after I skipped an update on my box one night. The fix for me was like the others that posted here a reset of the box. It hasn't happened to me since. 

Thanks for providing the fix to the issue @user_97818a!

I would like to ask a few questions of you and others in thread to see if there is a common denominator. 

What is the make and model of your box (please just post make and model) this can be found on the sticker on the bottom or back of box. When did this start happening? Such as after skipping an update, right after an update.

Here are a list of comparable and incompatible;e boxes. 

To access Paramount+ programming, you’ll need:

1. One of the following:
    • A compatible streaming TV Box with Xfinity Flex service (excludes Xi5 TV Boxes) or a compatible X1 TV Box with Xfinity X1 service, including:
      • Xfinity Flex
        • Xi6 streaming TV Box
        • XiOne streaming TV Box
      • Xfinity X1
        • XG2v2 (Non-DVR; Pace Model)
        • XG1v3 (DVR; Arris or Pace Model)
        • XG1v4 (DVR; Arris Model)
        • XiD (Non-DVR; Pace or Cisco Model)
        • Xi5 Wireless TV Box (Non-DVR; Pace Model)
        • Xi6 Wireless TV Box (Non-DVR; Arris or Technicolor Model)
    • TV Boxes that aren’t compatible:
      • RNG150
      • Pace Xi3
      • Samsung XG2v2
      • Arris XG1v1
      • Pace XG1v1
    • Flex exclusions:
      • Pace Xi5 (PX051AEI)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sure I am happy to answer any questions I can. The box is:

xione-sc (A) the model is :  SCX11AE1BCO streaming box

I am happy to report it is still working.  On my trouble shooting steps I tried just turning off the notifications without completely resetting the box and the notifications still popped up.  I found that after I completely reset the box they went away.  I use to work for the Nielsen Company and through trial and error how to fix many cable/ satellite issues with various boxes.  I understand how frustrating these issues can be and am happy to assist in anyway I can.  Have a blessed day! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I fixed this.

Pressed Xfinity button on remote.

Click on Gear icon.

Go to Notifications, turn Off.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Go to the Paramount + sidebar that shows the home and at the very bottom settings. Go to settings go to your account open your account, press, cancel, or close the window and back out all the way to home. Open the home if you have to, go to where it shows all the different shows and such. Go to the show or movie you’re looking for. It seems to be working for right now.  Thankfully it lets you go back in and edit your post. It lasted for that episode but as soon as it went to watch the next episode, you got the press exit or home notification.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here