U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 17th, 2023 12:39 AM

Closed

Pixelation/glitching local channels

Horrible glitching/pixelating on local channels (ABC,NBC,CBS,FOX) only. This effects live viewing as well as recordings. Only effects these channels - no issues with any other channel. These channels are basically unwatchable. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

2 years ago

Hello there @user_21cfae thanks for contacting our team over our forums, we are happy to help with your cable service. Is this still going on in your home? If so can you please let us know any troubleshooting steps you've already preformed? 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue here - ONLY local channels are pixelating, and they're unwatchable. Can we get an update on this?

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hi there, @ckaye99, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through our Xfinity Forums. I know how annoying it would be to experience pixelation. Have you gone through any troubleshooting step on your own? Restarting the cable box? Have you checked all the cables to ensure they all connected correctly and there are no bend or tears?

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityValerie​ Yes, did all of that. Same thing happens on our second cable box, so it's not the boxes that are the problem, it's something upstream from there. But I don't know why it's only local channels.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello there @ckaye99 thank you so much for contacting our Xfinity Support Team over our Forums. You came to the right place for help, and we are here to see what is going on with your cable box. In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Yes, did all of that. Same thing happens on our second cable box, so it's not the boxes that are the problem, it's something upstream from there. But I don't know why it's only local channels.

Contributor

• 

64 Messages

1 year ago

The same happens to us. Only happens on WCVB Boston ABC.  All other channels are OK, but a good portion of the time that channel is unwatchable.  I have one set that runs on ROKU and WCVB is fine on that so it is definitely an issue with xfinity. I've done troubleshooting as well and nothing changes it.  Since this is happening to so many people, I absolutely do not think it's a cable box issue.  I have multiple TV sets with boxes of all sorts and it happens on all of them.  Update please?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here