UNC8185's profile

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Monday, October 17th, 2022 8:47 AM

Closed

Pixelation on Sports Channels!

We have had intermittent and significant pixelation and other picture distortion for a long time.  Other channels have not had issues.  The affected sports channels are great when the problem is absence.  This is a daily event that is present more often than not.  Repeated calls for support have not lead to any resolution.  When we have tried service calls, the representative/tech would indicate the issue had been in the system and would eventually deem it fixed.  It wasn’t! On the phone they would see issues and try to fix them remotely.  It never lasted!  The problem has been escalated to higher levels at times without resolution.  The techs have blamed ESPN and the local system/infrastructure. Tier 1 techs just read from their script and ask us to check connections and restart the box AGAIN.  They also strongly indicate that we may be changed for another tech visit.   I try almost daily restarts and system refreshes! 

The problem is on all of the HD ESPN channels, Bally’s Sports! And the NFL Channel.  These are Channels 396, 401, 402, 403, 404, and 406 on our system.  ESPN’s HD on TV and through their App shows no such problems.  It happens frequently without any definite pattern.  At first, we had thought it was worse at times of heavier usage. Watching sports is a MAJOR challenge.  I really do not want to miss another college basketball season.

We have Xfinity TV, Broadband, and Mobile.  This has cause much frustration and may leave to our switching to an anticipated fiber optic system in the area when possible.

New Problem Solver

• 

318 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @UNC8185, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on the forums with such a detailed message describing the issues you are experiencing that helps out a ton! This is never the experience we want you to have with your service and I can understand how frustrating this issue would be. You have reached the right team to assist with finding a resolution for this. Can you send us a direct message with your first and last name and address to get started?

To send a direct message: 

1. Sign into the community. 
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to our private message inbox 
  3. Click the New Message icon. 
  4. Enter Xfinity Support in the Send to field. 
  5. Type the reply in the Message box. 
  6. Click Enter to send your message. 
  7. You can see your back and forth messages with any user by clicking the messages. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinitySean​ We have been experiencing the same issues on all our Sports channels as well.  Please advise how to get it fixed. Do we need to schedule a service call?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

We have the same issues with channels 402-403-404 and all other channels are fine. We have tried a full reboot several times, but the issue persists.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having same issues. All sports channels and local channels missing. Multiple calls on help line no resolution multiple resets and refresh. Very frustrated. All other channels and apps working please advise 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same issues. All sports and local missing. Please advise spoken with help desk for hours no resolution. All other channels working 

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_f9e238 Sorry to hear you are having issues with your sports and local channels being missing. Can you please create your own post detailing these issues, so we can assist further? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Did you ever get this resolved? I also get pixelation on HD sports channels (SD is fine), including ESPN, NBA, NFL, NBC Bay Area Sports. I’m tired of rebooting (which doesn’t help). I wonder if Xfinity can’t handle these sports feeds.

Contributor

• 

250 Messages

Hi @user_51fb73 Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through Xfinity forums! Oh no! How concerning! Are you still experiencing issues with pixelation? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here