peacock app

why is the peacock app so slow & clunky lately

Responses

ki1o

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

2 m ago

I am having issues with Peacock too, ever since they updated the software to include user profiles. When I get to the user profile page, I can press any arrow key on my remote and the app responds. Once I choose my profile (I only have one profile), I get to the main screen with "browse" highlighted and that's when the app crashes. I press an arrow key and nothing happens. Maybe a minute later the curser will move. If I hit the exit button on the remote, the app will either take a minute to close or a minute or 2 later it will crash and cause the box to restart. I have tried a system refresh and a restart and that didn't fix the problem.

With the old version of Peacock, before they added profiles, I never had any issues with Peacock. I also have no issues with HBO Max, or other apps on X1, like TUBI, Xumo, Pluto, etc...

My box is XG2v2 and was installed by a tech about a month ago to replace my legacy DVR box. This box is a cloud only DVR box, even though the Comcast website is says this is a non DVR box.

RadTV

Problem Solver

• 

533 Messages

2 m ago

I noticed the issue on 6.5.21. I swapped my XG 2 in Dec 2020 for a new model due to the upgrade notice but I don't believe the box is sufficient enough to handle the Peacock app.

RadTV

Problem Solver

• 

533 Messages

2 m ago

@ki1o  today, I discovered that the peacock app seems to crash when using the browse category. I made it all the way to the "Just added" section before the app crashed however if I use the other categories the app did not crash. I also tried using the "Kids" profile and there is no crash so for now stay away from the "Browse" category.

edwardp

Contributor

• 

260 Messages

2 m ago

@ComcastSean Sean, the XG2 boxes are incapable of handling the more recent X1 apps.

Please look in these forums for posts relating to the Peacock app, which actually crashed my (now previous) XG2 boxes (both Pace), more than once. This started when Peacock introduced profiles in the X1 app.

The Peacock app developers also need to fix the bug that turns on the subtitles by default.

(edited)

New to the Community?

Start Here