user_a4529's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 17th, 2024 12:47 AM

Paramount+ App via Xfinity Set Top Box Painfully Slow / Buffers Regularly

The Paramount+ app playback is painfully slow and buffers (pauses playback intermittently) every time we attempt to watch. The Paramount+ app, watched via an Xfinity set top box, is the only app this occurs for. We have 1000MB Download & 100MB Upload Service and tests via Wifi confirm we are getting 800MB DL and 67MB UL, so it does not appear to be a connection problem. We have tried the following troubleshooting steps, set top box restart, modem restart, system reboot, cable tightening. This problem is unique to the Paramount+ app accessed via the Xfinity set top box (both the DVR Box and the small satellite boxes on multiple TV's). To be fair, there are other apps that are slow (Amazon, peacock, etc.) but most apps work fine and none of them pause and interrupt playback regularly like the Paramount+ app. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

5 months ago

Thank you very much for reaching out to us here @user_a4529. That is definitely an issue we can look into from here for you. Could you send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Was there ever a resolution to this? Experiencing the same in 2024. Ridiculous because paramount plus is $13 per month and the app never plays correctly. Never.

Official Employee

• 

737 Messages

Kimmunikata Hello, are you still having issues with the Paramount + Application on the set top box?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I have the same problem with Paramount+.

Official Employee

• 

787 Messages

user_b2cf44  Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

i also have the issue only with Paramount +

1 Message

4 months ago

I'm experiencing the same issue - this is ridiculous.  I don't have this problem with other apps or if I stream paramount + on my laptop or other device.  Is there a resolution to this??

This comment has been converted into a post

1 Message

3 months ago

I am having the same issue with it CONSTANTLY stuttering. This is only with Paramount Plus app via my X1 DVR

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hey there user_003ew9, I'm sorry to hear you've been having some playback issues with that app over X1. My nephew loves a lot of the content on there, so I can imagine what a nightmare that would be. Have you by chance run any troubleshooting steps or are you seeing any error codes on the screen? 

3 months ago

We also are having same problems with Paramount +.  I tried calling Xfinity support and after explaining this 5 different ways to their technical support team I got frustrated and hung up.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @3hatexfinitye38, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with Paramount +, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

Same issue here and I've gone through all the troubleshooting.  I feel like xfinity is sabotaging paramount+ b/c it's direct competition for Peacock which is owned by xfinity's parent company.   

1 Message

3 months ago

I am having the same issue with Paramount plus only. All other apps work perfectly fine. Xfinity is there going to be a resolution to this issue because it seems to be a very common problem

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

the people at Xfinity don't care!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_6ahdzm. Thank you so much for taking your time in reaching out to us today regarding the Paramount + app on our TV box. You are in the right place and we are happy to assist you today. 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

2 Messages

Having same issue when watching Paramount +,  constant buffering.    Xfinity DOES NOT CARE.   Talking/Chat with their support is useless.  They are reading from a script and have not knowledge other than what they read.   They are not technical people....just minimum wage not American people. 

1 Message

3 months ago

Same issue with paramount+ and can’t find the link to direct messaging anywhere. 
Xfinity fix this- I pay way too much for this to be happening!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thanks for reaching out, Carolynm312! What's going on with Paramount + for you exactly?

2 Messages

2 months ago

Agreed that the paramount + app doesn’t work well with Xfinity. I’ve done all the advised steps but no change. Hopefully Xfinity will update. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here