SMaldo's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, February 23rd, 2024 10:43 PM

Closed

Pairing a remote to new box

Not sure why Xfinity does this. I have a new box and new remote. During the set up the box asked me to pick my language by clicking the arrows and center button on the remote. However, the remote won’t work because I can’t pair it. When I try to follow the instructions for pairing, nothing shows up on the screen because I’m still in the setup mode for the new box. Is there any kind of default code I can enter to pair the remote? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

7 months ago

Not sure which one solve the problem, or if it was a combination of both. First I reset the remote by holding the A and D buttons down together until the lights begin flashing. Then entered 981 to reset the remote. Second, I removed the battery cover and noticed there was a button in the battery compartment I pushed that down with a pen for 30 seconds and now the remote is responding again. I’m now able to finish my setup. No thanks to XFinity support mind you…

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @SMaldo,

Thank you for taking the time to visit our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. I am glad to hear you were able to successfully unpair and re-pair the Xfinity Remote to the set-top box. Usually in most cases, the remote would already be paired or be able to auto-pair during first use. 

If you happen to experience issues again, you can visit our 'Turn off pairing on your Xfinity Voice Remote' support page to unpair the remote and our 'Pair and program your Xfinity Voice Remote' to get the remote paired to the set-top box again. 

If you happen to need any further assistance, please let us know. We are always happy to help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@SMaldo​ Maldo,ur a lifesaver.I was on the phone with an xfinity tech for an hour and he  did not resolve my problem.

1 Message

6 months ago

I'm having the same problems!

Official Employee

• 

860 Messages

user_zkxk6n Have you tried the articles posted by XfinityDemitrius? You can also reset the remote using @SMaldo's steps above.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

5 months ago

Issues with XD box not powering off TV with remote. Volume works but not power. Is there a setting or this model not compatible 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here