dsinya's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2024 4:26 PM

no screen saver option

Hello, I have reviewed the forum and see that in the past there is some talk about screen savers and not being able (or even have the option) to change your screen saver. These are relatively old, is there a fix yet?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

I'd like the answer also.  I used to have landscapes and starting today, I only see animals and no option to change it in Device Settings.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have the same problem.  I'm unable to change to a different image(s) in Device Settings.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello saturn101, thank you for visiting our Forum for help with your screen saver concerns. Can you please let confirm if you're taking the same steps listed in this hyperlinked Walkthrough to update your preferred screen saver settings? If so, when you navigate to screen saver type, can you please let me know what you're seeing on your end? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

There isn't an option for screen saver type 

Only: preview, starts after, and feed

Contributor

• 

85 Messages

@RuthL​ I'm stuck with landscapes, would rather the animals.

2 Messages

2 months ago

I’m also having this problem.  My setting was Landscapes and now all I’m seeing is Animals.  Went into Settings and the Screen Saver Type option has disappeared.  There’s no way to select what you want to see (and DEselect Animals).

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

Agreed! I had landscape as well, now I only have animals, not that they are not cute, but....

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

Same problem here. Over the weekend, I had landscapes, which I love. Suddenly, I now have animals and no option to change it. The setting has been totally eliminated. What the heck?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi there @WickedXfinity. I am sorry to hear that you lost your landscapes screen saver. You are in the right place and I am happy to assist you today. You can actually get your landscapes screen saver back. If you go to Screen saver settings for your X1 TV Box, it will give you the steps on how to change your options. 
Change Your Screen Saver Type
Press the xfinity button on the remote.
Highlight Settings (the gear icon) and press O
Use the down arrow on the remote to highlight Device Settings and press OK.
Use the down arrow on the remote to highlight Screen Saver and press OK.

Highlight Screen Saver Type and press OK.

Use the up arrow or down arrow button to highlight one of the following categories of images: LandscapeEntertainment or Animals. Press OK.

Press Exit to finish.

I hope that these steps help you out. If you go to the link I provided you it will have all the steps but it will include pictures with the steps. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Screen saver type is not listed as an option 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 month ago

Hello, @dsinya. I appreciate you searching our forums to find the answer to your question before posting your own inquiry. We have not made any updates to the screensaver settings. The categories of the images continue to be Landscape, Entertainment or Animals. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

But when following your instructions (Xfinity), there is no option to change them. There are only three options:

Screen Save Preview

Screen Saver Starts After: 

Feed

There is no "screen saver type" as an option.

Official Employee

• 

756 Messages

dsinya You can find instructions for changing your screensaver setting here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-screen-saver. Please let me know id you have any other concerns we can help with. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Your help is worthless 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums, user_46ac10. I know I enjoy having the screensaver on the setting I like, so I understand wanting to update the option. Have you tried restarting the box to see if that helps with being able to edit the option?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityRaul​ Thank you. I realize that those are the three options, however, the category was not visible, so there were not options to choose. My screensaver has came back (with no help from me) all on it's own. I am very grateful to have the forum, thank you again.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here