pfuss1's profile

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, October 1st, 2024 11:18 PM

New x1d-p box won't connect.

I was just sent an x1d-p box and can't get it to connect. I have only one tv. I also have X1 DVR service. Was I sent the wrong box?

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

5 days ago

Just to save time in responses, I connected the box to my wall coax connection with the new supplied coaxial cable using the box's coaxial in connector. I also hooked up the new power connector to the box and the hdmi cable to my tv.

The box displayed its welcome screen and then a message saying it was connecting to the service. After five minutes or so, it said something went wrong, and I should tighten the connectors.

I reconnected the coaxial cable on both end, restarted the box, and got the same result.

I also tried using the Xfinity app to see if connection would work from the other end. It did not. The app said it couldn't see the box.

The new cable is fine. I used it to connect my old X1 box, and it's working. So I'm guessing it's a problem with the new box. 

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

Hi there, @pfuss1! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community Forum! Sorry to hear the new box is giving you trouble! With the troubleshooting you outlined, it could certainly be an issue with the box. What was the reason the new box was sent and are you still having this issue?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

I was having to restart my old box sometimes twice a day because it keeps having connection problems, especially using dvr with live tv programs. I called and asked for a replacement  and the x1d-p is what was sent.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Gotcha! I was hoping that we might be able to take a look here from our end.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

The old box is an Xg1v4-A.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you! That is a solid unit, I am a big fan of the XG1V4.

I was hoping that we might be able to take a look here from our end.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here