Galvin's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, November 11th, 2018 11:00 PM

Closed

netflix stutter

Only happens when I watch netflix on my xfinity box.  If I watch it on my computer I get no stutter.

This just started happening a few days ago.  I'd never get stutter watching netflix

I already reset the netflix app.  Refreshed the box, turned the box off and on again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Hello. We have the Netflix Stutter. We’ve had it for a couple months.
Does the best action seem to be rebooting the DVR? Or should we replace the box?
Thanks!

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

@TrentonK23 wrote:
Hello. We have the Netflix Stutter. We’ve had it for a couple months.
Does the best action seem to be rebooting the DVR? Or should we replace the box?
Thanks!

Rebooting is not likely to solve the problem.  Replacing your box with a 4K box seems to be the answer.  If you already have a 4K box, you may want to try a replacement.  Don't count on anyone from Comcast understanding the true nature of the problem.

Contributor

• 

935 Messages

5 years ago

Spent more time on the phone with some upper level hooptie-doo from India and he did a bunch of stuff including, he claims, an upgrade on something.  45 minutes total time on phone.   Hung up, went back to watching The Punisher and in less then a minute the stutters returned.  

All told I have spent close to 2 hours on the phone with this issue and nothing has changed.  

May be time to trade in the box for a 4K one.  I can run the optical to the sound bar from my TV instead of the 4K box which I understand does not have one.  

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Hi everyone. The current fix that is in place for the Netflix app issue is still to swap the existing DVR out for a 4K box, so long as it is fitting for you with any 3rd party audio equipment that you may have. This is something you will need to private message me for, including your name in the private message. Please do not go into your local store to do this, they may not have the appropriate equipment on inventory. Please be aware, that fix is only for those who are experiencing a Netflix stutter on the X1 box Netflix app only. For those of you experiencing other service problems outside of the X1 Netflix app issue on the DVR specifically, there is going to be a different course of action for you. In that case, please create your own post instead of replying in this thread. We will assist you accordingly from there. Thank you. 

I guess that leaves those of us who cannot make use of the 4K box out of luck, is that correct?  How unfortunate that Comcast decided to limit the functionality of their 4K boxes, specifically by removing the digital optical audio port many of us need.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Hi everyone. The current fix that is in place for the Netflix app issue is still to swap the existing DVR out for a 4K box, so long as it is fitting for you with any 3rd party audio equipment that you may have. This is something you will need to private message me for, including your name in the private message. Please do not go into your local store to do this, they may not have the appropriate equipment on inventory. Please be aware, that fix is only for those who are experiencing a Netflix stutter on the X1 box Netflix app only. For those of you experiencing other service problems outside of the X1 Netflix app issue on the DVR specifically, there is going to be a different course of action for you. In that case, please create your own post instead of replying in this thread. We will assist you accordingly from there. Thank you. 

Thanks so much for the update ComcastMorgan. It just seems a shame that those with zero need for the new type of box have to get it in order to fix the Netflix stutter which did not start until recently.  I don't even get the stutter on all Netflix programs. Get it on  Netflix shows from regular networks but not Netflix originals that we have watched lately. We don't watch many but  watched FYRE and no stutter at all.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

The 4K box is currently just a confirmed workaround that is in place. However, we understand the box swap option doesn't work for everyone. For those of you it doesn't work for, we're handling those on a case-by-case basis and working to find another solution for you. I have sent you a private message, 

mfrank1. Please reply from there at your convenience.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

5 years ago

I'm glad you clarified that this is only a workaround.  As I have previously mentioned on this forum, I did receive earlier this month a call from a Comcast representative based on my PM to you stating that there would be a fix by the end of the month.  Now you, as another Comcast representative say you know nothing about it.  Looks like there needs to be some internal communication there at HQ.

Contributor

• 

935 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Can someone from Comcast fix my account so I can PM you so I can give you my name so I can get a new box so I no longer endure the stutters?  

Thank You!!!  

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastMorgan So it sounds like we should try waiting until end of month by a previous post. Also I don’t have a 4K tv so I assume the new 4K box will still work with my standard HD tv?

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@thunderwalker wrote:
@ComcastMorgan So it sounds like we should try waiting until end of month by a previous post. Also I don’t have a 4K tv so I assume the new 4K box will still work with my standard HD tv?

I would also like to know about this. I have a standard HD TV and no plans to upgrade and I have zero need to switch out for the 4K box and lose all my recordings just to fix something with Netflix that just started a month or so ago. Can this really be tied to the box ? That is difficult to believe. Netflix is an app among so many apps on X1 and should not be controlling the platform by requiring a new box...ludicrous.

Contributor

• 

935 Messages

5 years ago

Just tried Safari browser and same thing.  Only two browsers I have on my MAC. 

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Please follow these steps: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/netflix-x1-app-frozen even though you're not experiencing a frozen screen. That has fixed this problem for several employees and customers. It's not guaranteed to work in your case, but please attempt it and let me know the result. 

Thanks for sharing this again and have tried it a couple of times but nothing changed

Contributor

• 

935 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

You do not need to have a 4K TV in order to be able to utilize regular cable service on our 4K box. However, in order to watch actual 4K content, you would need a 4K TV.

TiredRetired, are you not seeing an envelope icon when you click on my name?

Nothing.  If you scroll down from the screenshot all there is, is a record of your replies.  Chrome browser on a Mac maybe an issue?   I just do not know.  

Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 9.21.40 AM.png

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

You do not need to have a 4K TV in order to be able to utilize regular cable service on our 4K box. However, in order to watch actual 4K content, you would need a 4K TV.

TiredRetired, are you not seeing an envelope icon when you click on my name?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here