Galvin's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Sunday, November 11th, 2018 11:00 PM

Closed

netflix stutter

Only happens when I watch netflix on my xfinity box.  If I watch it on my computer I get no stutter.

This just started happening a few days ago.  I'd never get stutter watching netflix

I already reset the netflix app.  Refreshed the box, turned the box off and on again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Discovery77 wrote:

I went to my local Comcast service center and exchanged my 1080 HD DVR for the 4K X1Gv4 DVR. It took a couple of minutes. I took it home, plugged it in, and it set itself up - including the TV controls with no issue. When it was done (took a while since there was a required update download first) I checked the Netflix issue... FIXED!   I'm network television editorthat deals with technical issues everyday. Now that I know the box change fixed the issue I'm fairly positive that the issue which started sometime in the 4th quarter of 2018 is the direct result of system software upgrades to accommodate 4K, and that the 1080 HD DVR's are having issues with the upgrade. It's a shame that Comcast/Xfinity (please decide on a single name) still responds that the issue being reported by customers around the country is not a known issue. 

For your second problem; I write my check either way (they prefer Comcast) and the check always get deposited in their banks.

As for the first; the company who makes the first 4K DVR (for Xfinity) resides out of the USA. Quality Control is lacking over there. Believe me! Comcast wants more than anyone to get these issues fixed for getting 4K/HDR working over IPV. 

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I went to my local Comcast service center and exchanged my 1080 HD DVR for the 4K X1Gv4 DVR. It took a couple of minutes. I took it home, plugged it in, and it set itself up - including the TV controls with no issue. When it was done (took a while since there was a required update download first) I checked the Netflix issue... FIXED!   I'm network television editorthat deals with technical issues everyday. Now that I know the box change fixed the issue I'm fairly positive that the issue which started sometime in the 4th quarter of 2018 is the direct result of system software upgrades to accommodate 4K, and that the 1080 HD DVR's are having issues with the upgrade. It's a shame that Comcast/Xfinity (please decide on a single name) still responds that the issue being reported by customers around the country is not a known issue. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hi, Discovery77. I appreciate your response and update. I do also understand where you're coming from on that. However, we have ran into several instances where people were experiencing these Netflix issues and having a technician out did in fact fix the problem for them. It is important to remember that the Netflix app on X1 provides a connection to the Netflix service, which is a third-party application. Comcast does not manage content on the Netflix platform nor does it manage the Netflix application itself. Our signal/connection to the Netflix service (which uses the internet service) is something we do have full control over and is why we check it in cases like this. This is why research requests and signal strength tests are extremely important, because it can help narrow down the issue and allow us to partner with Netflix for a further resolution, as needed. 

Contributor

• 

935 Messages

5 years ago

Yep, I got the Netflix herky jerky's here on this end in VT as well.  The issue started around October.  It is a little bit better then it was but still annoying.  For the life of me I just don't understand why it takes Comcast so long to fix these issues.   It is obvious this is a system wide issue and not limited to just one area.  

If this is a result of software upgrades to accomodate 4K which I do not have or need, wlll I still need to upgrade my DVR to 4K capable to fix this issue?  Comcast please advise. 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hi @TiredRetired

Thanks for posting to the forums. Before swapping boxes, I'd recommend allowing us to do some basic troubleshooting first. Yes, we have seen that that fixes the issue in some cases, but honestly, there may be a bigger cause for your problems.

I would first recommend refreshing the Netflix account through your cable box. If that doesn't help, send me a private message with your first and last name so I can then check your signals to see if they are out of spec because this could also be a contributing factor. There are also a few other things that we can check on the back end, before determining if you would need new equipment. 

If you'd like me to review your account, please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.

Contributor

• 

935 Messages

5 years ago

I clicked on your name but I do not see anywhere to click to send a PM.  

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Can you check on the right side of the screen after clicking on my name? 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

@TiredRetired

No need to call in, I'm going to reach out to my leadership to make sure your private messaging abilities are enabled. As long as you've signed in and have made a public post, you should be able to message us. I'll follow up once I received confirmation this feature is active for you. Thanks for your patience. 

Contributor

• 

935 Messages

5 years ago

Nothing there.   I guess I need to call customer service after the holidays if the issue does not resolve itself.  Thank you for your help.  

Contributor

• 

935 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you. 

@ComcastChe wrote:

@TiredRetired

No need to call in, I'm going to reach out to my leadership to make sure your private messaging abilities are enabled. As long as you've signed in and have made a public post, you should be able to message us. I'll follow up once I received confirmation this feature is active for you. Thanks for your patience. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

adding... you have to be signed in to your account on the forum for the PM option to appear.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

You're very welcome. I am just waiting for confirmation. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

I am really frustrated with Xfinity.  I have had the Netflix issue since I got the TV service.  I told them it wasn't an issue with my house but the insisted on sending a tech.  The tech finally swapped to the new 4K box which fixed the issue and made me happy.  Well now I see they charged me $70 for the darn tech to come out and fix their issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was after they charged my $70 (reduced to $30) after I complained about another service charge that was because they gave me a box still associated with another account that wouldn't activate.  I guess that one was my fault as well!

I love the Xfinity tech but going back to Directv is looking better and better every day.  I didn't have a billing issue with them in over 15 years.

Update:  After 30 minutes chatting with the Xfinity, they agreed to refund me the $70.  It seems that every time a tech comes out it is marked as "relocating internet" and they charge a $70 service fee!  That is all the more ironic considering I self installed the modem/router in the first place!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I too am having major stutter issues and it's quite annoying and unwatchable.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am experiencing the same stuttering issue with Netflix app on dvr.  I also have Amazon Prime video and there is no stuttering on that app.  I live in Chicago area

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here