U

3 Messages

Wednesday, October 16th, 2024 7:33 PM

NETFLIX NW-2-5 error through X1 box

Recently started seeing the Netflix NW-2-5 error whenever we try to launch Netflix through our X1 box (by saying 'netflix' into the remote).

If we use TV directly (Samsung smart TV), select source and the Netflix App, it works FINE.

Other streaming services (Disney+, Hulu, etc.) work fine through the X1 box.

Already tried power recycling (tv and x1 box) and removing and re-adding the app on the tv. no change.

HELP!

1 Message

1 day ago

Same issue here, Netflix not working on X1 box and Infinity remote last couple of days all other apps and internet streaming is fun on it; when I use the LG remote for the tv Netflix’s works fine.

3 Messages

Just knowing that I'm not the only one is a huge relief! :)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 day ago

Me too. Tv app works, Xfinity box doesn’t. Pulled power, let sit for two minutes, powered back on. Still no good. Rebooted router. Still no good. 

1 Message

14 hours ago

Would love for someone from Xfinity to step in here and tell us how to resolve this issue.  I've seen it referenced on a few different sites - mostly in the last week or so, which tracks with our experience.  I've spent way too many hours on the phone already with Xfinity agents, with zero resolution.  What do we need to do to solve this problem?

1 Message

9 hours ago

Same here and I've tried a ton of suggested ideas.  Resetting Netflix via X1, X1 system refresh (10-20 min) and restarting cable box, all to no avail.  These are all accessible by clicking the small 'A' in the middle of the remote.  The only suggestion that I haven't tried is restarting my network, which shouldn't be the case since X1 box is plugged directly into the coax cable for its internet access.  btw - Netflix works perfectly fine on my satellite cable TV box in the bedroom.

3 Messages

3 hours ago

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!

I thought you all deserved to hear how I just got Netflix working again on my tv. 

I was googling how to uninstall apps and reinstall them on my Samsung TV, when I stumbled upon this tidbit:

https://www.asurion.com/connect/tech-tips/fix-samsung-tv-apps-not-working/

I tried the first step : Reset your Samsung TV with the remote.   (Note they mean the Samsung remote, not the xfinity one).

Once the TV turned back on (just like it said it would), I grabbed the Xfinity remote, said "Netflix" into it and the Netflix app fired up! It made me sign in again with email/password, but once I did that, all worked as expected!!!  It even remembered all my users and what each user was watching.

I hope this helps the rest of you!

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_y9lx63​ 

I don’t understand. The app on the tv is totally separate from the app on the cable box. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 hours ago

Ours started working today. Did nothing different just went to the app on the cable box and this time it made me sign in. After that, it worked fine. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here