U

Tuesday, November 14th, 2023 1:55 AM

Closed

Nap mode

Can I disable nap mode? I bought this service to leave on for my dog during the day. If the tv turns off after 4 hours, that defeats the purpose and I'd like a refund and to cancel my service.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

10 months ago

Thanks for reaching out, user_kzvuwn! Yes you can disable nap mode by adjusting your power settings. Here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-power-preferences is a step by step guide on how to do just that. 

2 Messages

Thanks. I checked and that feature is already disabled, yet when I come home the box is off...

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

10 months ago

When you look at the other power settings like Power Saver for example, is everything else off?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I am having the same issue. Apparently the box goes into nap mode if the power saver is set to off. How can I make the box not go into nap mode? Has Xfinity found a way to disable this auto nap mode?  Some people like to leave the tv on for various reasons, including health and feeling safe with noise in the home. 

Official Employee

• 

748 Messages

Good Morning, @jrhiccup! Thank you so much for for reaching out to us here on the Xfinity Forums. At this time, if you enable Power Saving Mode, it would go to that mode rather than Nap Mode found here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-power-save-faqs. At this time, there is not any way to disable the nap mode. We can certainly document the feedback as it being a feature to disable as we are always looking for ways to have the best experience for our customers. Please let us know if you have any further questions/concerns. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

What would the difference be?  Would it shut off?

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

6 months ago

I have been fighting this for about 2 years. For us it doesn't matter if Power Saver is set to off or on after 4 hours it will display "are you still there?".  If nothing is done the Xfinity commercial screen saver starts and stops play.  [Edited: "Solicitation"]

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here