Tcalg's profile

Gold Problem Solver

• 

266 Messages

Tuesday, October 17th, 2023 4:06 PM

Closed

My new X1 box doesn't pass the channel 1995 test

I just received a new X1 box-- XG2v2-P-- in order to fix some  problems I was  having.

The new box fails the "channel 1995" test.  When I tune to channel 1995, the screen says "This set-top box may not be able to receive all of the channels included with your service".  It also apparently doesn't have HDMI-CEC capability, which my previous box had and which I kinda liked.

Is this something I should be concerned about?  Why would Comcast give me a cable box that isn't compatible with my service?

If I decide I want another new box, what box should I ask for?  The best, fastest X1 box?  I have cloud DVR service only, so I don't need a DVR box.  I want something that doesn't lag when I press remote buttons and change the channel, and doesn't take forever to load apps.  It has to pass the channel 1995 test, have HDMI-CEC, and not have the timeshifing problem.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

11 months ago

@Tcalg - Thanks for creating separate posts about varying concerns. It looks like we need to pick back up where we left off in our Direct Messages with troubleshooting and/or submitting a ticket on your behalf. I appreciate your patience and will respond to you via DM shortly.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here