U

Monday, November 13th, 2023 2:21 PM

Closed

most current version of 4k tv box

What is the most up to date 4k TV box?  I have XG1v4-A (AX014ANM) and starting to experience some audio issues (static and jittering sound.)  Wondering if I need to update or upgrade the box?

Contributor

• 

265 Messages

7 months ago

There are only two - the XG1v4 DVR and the Xi6 wireless box.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

7 months ago

@user_ddvmtr thanks for your post. We are happy to help. Have you done any troubleshooting such as replaced your HDMI cable? 

3 Messages

The HDMI cables are new.  The XG1 box is nearly 4 yrs old.  I stopped by our local Xfinity store yesterday, they are shipping a new one.  Hopefully that will help.  Do you have any insight to best practice for connecting to TV and Audio system?  Is it best to connect the box to TV, then use HDMI ARC to the audio receiver?  Or the reverse, connect the box to the audio receiver, and from there via HDMI to the TV?  Does that make any difference?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_ddvmtr Here is a great article about how to connect your audio system. Audio Connection Cables, Jacks and Ports for Your Comcast Equipment

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

265 Messages

@user_ddvmtr​ If your AVR can pass 4K video to the TV, then there's no difference on picture quality.  Sound should also be the same either way, although I've seen a few times where the X1 box sends 5.1 PCM, which will get downmixed to stereo over ARC.  (eARC can do 5.1 PCM.)  So, connecting to the AVR would avoid that complication. 

3 Messages

Thanks for the information.  Do you know...is there a difference between using DHMI vs a digital optical or coax connection for audio?  I have heard that the digital optical/coax supports 5.1, but not higher.  If I want to use Dolby Atmos with front height speakers, is HMDI required to pass the full 7.1 signal to the AVR?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_ddvmtr, those are all great questions, but we are not trained in that aspect, and I would hate to give you incorrect details. What I can say is I personally use HDMI for my audio setup and I have a 5.1 Dolby Atmos. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here