LeeSoFL's profile

Contributor

• 

416 Messages

Saturday, August 31st, 2024 10:16 AM

More than ONE XG1-V4 Box

I have four (4) XG1-V4 boxes at my house.  A tech said that having four of those boxes is causing periodic pixelation and dropout of audio.  I'm asking if you have multiple XG1-V4 boxes, and if so, do you have any problems with pixelation?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

12 days ago

LeeSoFL I don't use that many myself, and I can only think that maybe the signals are being split to many ways at a certain spot that could cause the issue with pixelation. Have you tried streaming with the Xfinity Stream app to 1-2 of the TV's to see if the lighter load on the signal in the line may help?

Contributor

• 

416 Messages

@XfinityEricB​  Would changing the box settings so it isn't recording on all boxes possibly help?

I have Comcast CABLE TV service only, our community of 1800 single family homes changed over to AT&T and all residents get their internet 1Gig service as part of our HOA fees.  (Upgrades to 5Gig are available.)  I kept the cable service, so internet driven boxes won't work.  There have been 4 tech visits since July and Saturday is visit number 5!!

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

357 Messages

12 days ago

I have two 4K XG1v4s and two of the little HD companion boxes.  No problems like you describe. 

Contributor

• 

105 Messages

12 days ago

I have 2 of these boxes and it caused issues with recordings and playback; I always prefer hard wired boxes.

But a tech came out, he was befuddled, he tries swapping one of the boxes with the Xi6 box and all issues went away

I still have the box you describe, but I recommend the wireless box (Xi6)for several reasons

1) it is dolby vision capable, the other one is not

2) the commercial skip is perfectly lines up because all recording are accessed off the cloud - wired boxes are off by 20-30 seconds

it doesn't have to be wireless. in fact mine is connected via ethernet because my router is nearby

the long range plan is for xfinity to make everything internet/could based in the future, it frees up bandwidth for them

Problem Solver

• 

847 Messages

12 days ago

More boxes in general reduces signal and can cause pixelation. You may need an amp. 

Contributor

• 

416 Messages

@Tek​ Actually, one of the tech visits, they said I had great signal and removed the amp.

Official Employee

• 

850 Messages

LeeSoFL That is good to hear about the visit. Did that resolve your issue?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

416 Messages

Unfortunately, no.  They ran a new coax from the podium in the street up and over my house to the connection on the other side.  That is only temporary and will get buried in the next week or two.  However, what I did notice (again, at first blush) is that a program (college football on ABC this afternoon) played fine when watching live, but if you went back to play something again (from the DVR) it had crazy and regular pixelation.  I haven't confirmed all the elements of this problem, since the tech was here this morning, but is it possible it is solely a DVR based issue?  (Also see my added post above about "Recorded on All Devices."

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Gotcha! We are happy to continue to work with you on this, we know how important it is for you to have the best in home experience, and we got your back LeeSoFL. Please send us a DM with your name and address to service? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here