U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, December 27th, 2021 8:52 PM

Closed

Missing Recordings from DVR

For the past 2 weeks, we have been going into my recordings. One day, we will go into recordings and everything is fine but on other days, some of my recordings are gone. We did not delete them, they are not in the deleted recordings area, and my recordings are not full. This is very frustrating as we cannot figure out why the recordings simply disappear. On 12/23, we reached out to Xfinity customer support and they refreshed the signal. There was no impact to the missing recordings. We were told that someone from a technical area would contact us in half an hour. No one reached out to us.

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

3 years ago

Welcome to Comcast!!!!                                               

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

Hi @user_b34286, thank you for reaching out. I know how important it is to recover your recordings. You can keep your recordings for up to one year, but you may need to erase some recorded programs from time to time in order to make room for new ones. The X1 DVR will automatically erase programs when space is needed. The DVR will delete the oldest recordings first. However, you can change the recording option to save For 1 Year.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Unfortunately, this does not appear to be the situation.  The DVR capacity has been showing 20% or less so space should not be an issue.  Also, the oldest recordings are not being deleted. For example, a TV series has been recorded and the deletions are coming from various seasons.

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

Thank you for the details @user_b34286. That information is really helpful. I am showing a known issue that I believe is effecting your DVR. We do have a fix (sending a signal) but I will need to bring you into private to gather your personal information. We can always circle back around and update the community. Can you send us a private message with your full name, name of account holder (if different) and service address? To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityAnna Hi Anna, do you have any updates on this DVR issue? I have chatted and spoken on the phone with several agents who have been unable to help. They said they escalated it to a specialty team and I’d hear back in a day or two, but that was five or so days ago. They sent the signal and had me try other troubleshooting, but nothing worked. This is clearly not an isolated issue, so if you know of the solution, it would be great to have it posted here.

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums @user_6d6585. I am sorry to hear you have had continued problems with DVR recordings. I would be happy to investigate your situation. I don't have any updates to share at the moment. We can try sending your DVR an update signal or work towards a different solution together. It sounds like you have tried some basic troubleshooting and opened a ticket with Advanced Repair. I am sure working together we will get to the bottom of this.

Can you send us a private message with your full name, name of account holder (if different) and service address? To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

I have had the same experience for the past 4 weeks now.  Started with 2 dvr recordings deleted by Xfinity and now I have a total of 12 missing recordings...one deleted just last night.  Seems to happen when the nightly updates occur.  I've had a tech guy come out and he says it's not my equipment but a "back office" problem.  I have somebody from the Xfinity executive team working with me and although he is good about calling me back he has no solution.  He said he has senior engineers looking into it but they have no solution and the problem continues.  I know other customers are having the same issues with random recordings being deleted by Xfinity.  And I am told they can't restore these recordings either.  Somehow I suspect it is related to the sales department in an effort to generate more income from premium DVR upgrade service.  And yes I've rebooted and refreshed and all that nonsense.  This is happening at the corporate side...not my equipment.  And no my DVR is not full nor is the cloud recordings full.  I just want this to stop!

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Another recording was deleted overnight.  Very frustrating.  In the private message with Xfinity (12/29/2021), we were told there is a back end issue. We were also told "The issue has been documented on our end."

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

@user_b34286  

I am due a call from Xfinity today for this ongoing issue.  Surprised they even admitted the problem...just wish they would fix it soon before more of my recordings disappear.  Seems to happen during the system refresh each night.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I was getting yelled at for deleting my friends recordings, some cannot be replaced.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

@P_Poor

The support guy I'm dealing with at Xfinity never called me back yesterday.  I have been told already if the programs have been deleted they have no way of restoring them so I feel bad for you and your friend.  If I hear from Xfinity today with any viable solutions I'll post it here but don't hold your breath.  This has been going on over one month now.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

3 years ago

Again I lost another recording overnight...this happens during the nightly system refresh.  This makes 13 recordings deleted by comcast and they are doing nothing about it.  They are deleted from my hard drive and again the hard drive has plenty of storage space left as does my cloud recording space.  The custoomer service person I was dealing with has not called lately and I was told yesterday they thought the problem was resolved.  How do they come up with this stuff?  So I've once again told them no the problem continues and to please keep the ticket open.  This is clearly a "back office" issue so why can't their engineers figure this out.  The deleted recordings are selected on a random basis and not by age or date.  I live in the Chicago area and wonder if anyone else in this area has the same experience. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

After not having Xfinity delete any recordings for about 3 weeks, it happened again overnight (1/28), another recording was deleted.  Was there an issue with the fix that was supposed to have been implemented?

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

Hello @user_b34286, did still need assistance?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

2 years ago

As far as I know...there is no fix that has been acknowledged or talked about.  The only thing Xfinity has admitted to is the problem is "documented" but no solutions.  I have now lost a total of 19 recordings...the last one lost 1/21/22.  So this one past week I haven't lost anymore but not optimistic.  I continue to work with their executive care team and you can call them directly and they will pick up.  If you aren't already working with one of them just talk to the person who picks up and tell them about the DVR problem and missing recordings and recordings getting deleted.  866-642-4868 but they are only available mon-friday business hours.  Again the only thing they could advise is get a new DVR box but then you lose any other recordings you have saved.  Good luck and let me know if you come up with a solution.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the same issue with missing recordings. When I renewed the contract with Xfinity, with the same settings, all but a handful of the DVR recordings have disappeared.  Initially, they would show up briefly following a system refresh.  But quickly disappear from the list even while playing one of the shows. After contacting support they reset my storage to 2048 a from the 150 shown in my contact.  Now they tell me I will have to pay more to get back to where I am supposed to be.  Customer support is anything but.

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

This is not the experience we want you to have. You're in the right place. It would be my pleasure to assist you. I would like review and address your contract and DVR recording concerns with you.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue with you. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here