cada0310's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, September 5th, 2024 11:44 AM

Main X1 box horribly slow, satellite box instantaneous

As the title states. It's been this way for a while and we've lived with it.  Got a new main X1 box a month or two ago hoping that would fix it, but it's still lousy.  Apps especially are very sloe to navigate.

Any tips?

Thanks. 

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

11 days ago

When that happens you can try changing the batteries in the remote, rebooting the cable box, and checking the coax (or fiber) line and connections.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Thanks for your reply!  I have done all of these things, as well as performed the "system reset" functionality which I found in another thread of this nature.

Chris

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support @cada0310!  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to help in any way that we can to ensure you are having the best experience with your service.  No worries!  We are glad to help!  Can you tell us if you are showing any error messages or codes on the screen?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

11 days ago

Main X1 box horribly slow, satellite box instantaneous

With older legacy cable boxes, when the box received a signal from a remote it acted on that signal directly. I believe digital adapters still work that way. But X1 boxes are different.  When using a remote to control an X1 cable box:

1. The remote sends a signal to the box
  2. The box uses an internal modem to send that signal to a server at Comcast and ask for instructions
  3. The server at Comcast decides how the box should respond and sends back commands and data
  4. The box receives the commands and data and does as instructed

This design means that X1 is very flexible, but more delicate. The chain has many more links and if any them are weak or broken, the response to signals from the remote is sluggish, or fails completely. When that happens, if changing the batteries and rebooting the cable box does not correct the problem, you may need to check the coax (or fiber) line and connections.

And if the remote still doesn't work properly, you'll probably need to ask Comcast/Xfinity to send out a premise tech to troubleshoot the problem. If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast/Xfinity originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit (approx. $100) unless you have their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, closed to customers that don't already have it). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast rental device or anything outside your home you shouldn't be charged.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.
      forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here