U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sun, Oct 24, 2021 12:32 PM

Loud DVR

A tech visited our home about 2 weeks ago to fix a tv issue. He replaced the DVR. Didn’t notice until next morning when house was quiet, the DVR has a loud whirling sound which sounds like a fan motor. At different times of day it is loud, then not so much. Seems sporadic. Never had this issue with old machine.

Official Employee

• 

416 Messages

1 m ago

Hi, there @user_972ce6! Thanks for reaching out to XFINITY over our forums page for help with the loud whirling sound on that DVR. I apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. As a light sleeper myself, I understand how this could be annoying. You’ve reached the best place for help. What we can do from here is help with getting that box swapped out. I can have one shipped out to you or you can head down to your local XFINITY store and get it swapped out there. Which would work best for you?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityGabriel 

thanks for responding. Is there a charge to have a replacement shipped? Also - is this an ongoing problem with these new dvrs? 

Official Employee

• 

485 Messages

we have nit identified this as a known issue with the DVR, so it may just be time to get it swapped out. We can see if there is an option to send the set top box free of charge if you'd like. If we send the equipment it would arrive in 3 to 5 business days! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Yes could you have a replacement sent. What do you need from me?

Official Employee

• 

485 Messages

Can you initiate a chat and start with your full name and address? To start a chat, please click the chat icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". You must be signed in. Talk to you there! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sorry but I am technically challenged. I click on the chat icon and type a message but don’t see how to send it to Xfinity Support

New to the Community?

Start Here