Laurie's profile

Contributor

• 

403 Messages

Wednesday, March 16th, 2022 1:39 AM

Closed

I signed up for Starz on their website.  How I log into the app on x1 only option is subscribe?

I signed up for hbomax and was able to sign up with my account on app for that but I don't see anything that says sign in

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @Laurie, I love those premium movie networks, I'm a huge movie buff, so I totally get why you want access to Starz. Especially, since it's something you're paying for. Are you able to log into the app on any other devices? Also, despite it being a remedial step, have you already tried to reset your cable box?

Contributor

• 

403 Messages

2 years ago

Yes I'm able to log on to the app on other devices I just cannot do it on the X1 there is no option to sign into an account I already have like there was with the hbomax my only option is to subscribe through Comcast which I don't need to do since I already have a subscription through Starz.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for clarifying. I don't believe that Starz has an actual app for the X1 platform, at least not one that works like HBO Max. The only way to access Starz content on your cable box is by subscribing to the channel.

I am aware of a Starz app on our Flex devices, but that one cannot be accessed without a direct subscription through Comcast either. This may change at some point, but for now, an online Starz subscription can only be accessed online.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wait are you serious? That’s so stupid! I really have to subscribe so pay more even though I have it? You’re [Edited: Profanity] with me

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here