B

Thursday, March 14th, 2024 4:31 AM

Closed

Live TV Delay

Watching live TV, particularly sports, is delayed by at least 45 seconds to a minute.  Results in getting scoring updates prior to watching it happen on the TV.  Watching on the app is faster than watching on tv. I’ve tried resetting the cable box and other trouble shooting and it does not change anything.  

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Live TV Delayed with Xfinity cable box

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

6 months ago

Hey, @BronxBorn! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I know it can be frustrating to find out what's going on in a game before it happens. Has this issue been going on for a while or was it just an issue for the day?

10 Messages

Hello, this has been an issue for a long time, I saw a similar post but no resolution was posted. I’ve swapped/upgraded boxes about a year ago which did not resolve the issue. 

10 Messages

I have family who live less than 10 miles away, with xfinity and the feed they have is much faster than ours. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@BronxBorn  To initiate troubleshooting and determine the cause of the issue with your account and equipment, please send our team a Direct Message containing the following details:

1. Your full name
  2. The name listed on the account (if different from your full name)
  3. The service address associated with your account

Once we receive this information, we can take a closer look and help you further.

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

635 Messages

After you fix this for this customer, could you please let  the hundreds of us who have ben complaining about this for the last

2 years know how you did it?   Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

533 Messages

Hey there, @tbill1. There will always be a delay when viewing live sports compared to viewing it in real time. There is just so many moving pieces and physics where the signal is being built, broken down, transmitted, complied again, etc. that will cause seconds to be added to cause the delay. One trick is to clear the local cache and cookies from the cable boxes to free up some space and allow the box to process faster. You can find those steps here

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

21 days ago

Greetings. I ran a live sports test today. My dad, who has Satelite Direct TV, should have been behind Live Cable but was 22 seconds ahead of my Xfinity cable, which was two plays in football. 

My other friend has YouTube TV, which is streaming, and he was 18 seconds ahead of me. It's hard to talk to family and friends during games and have notifications on because Xfinity is so delayed. 

It was like this last footbalk season and nothing has changed. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here