U

Thursday, October 17th, 2024 2:29 PM

live chat didn't help, how do I get live person

have new promotion 10/10. Old expired today and now things went haywire. Lost many Saved recordings, Recently Deleted is 0, que is 99%  which is rarely over 60% or so, so  usual scheduled recordings are NOT recorded because of Conflict. Tried live chat which is NOT "live" because chat is not understanding the issues. I did sync TVs etc and other things but they are NOT my issue. Somebody did something when the old promotion exp today. I have been patient and really tried to get across what is wrong but options don't cover my problems. Phone message says I now have to live chat etc. but will be connected to live person if needed. I asked chat several times for a live person..no help. I need  a LIVE person to help me. I'm getting at a wit's end with Comcast/Xfinity. Before help was somewhat difficult but now service is atrocious. Here again, i just scrolled down to topic...my problems aren't listed

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

4 days ago

Hello user_vsjn4o, thank you for visiting our Forum to get the support you need. I will do everything I can to help and turn this around for you. Are you only seeing issues with your recordings after that recent promotion change? Also, were the recordings you're missing saved on your local TV Box storage or Cloud DVR? You may have been in a grandfathered promotion before the change, which could explain your missing recordings. Our new TV Lineup promotions include 20-hrs of Cloud DVR, vs the previous 150hrs. If you weren't in a grandfathered promotion, then I can run through some troubleshooting with you to get this figured out. 

2 Messages

Here's my story. I called to see if any new promotions available to lower my cost. I'm old...er!!  and need to save funds. I was told by Chris that if I went to 1000bytes instead of current 800 I'd get a few bucks off cost. Refused the other option of having phone included because my son in law pays for our phones. My previous ended10/17. I called 10/10 to review new plan. I took the first option. Chris assured me it was the same programming, plan etc. Unlimited basic, Expanded basic with Kids & family, entertainment, sports & news, digital preferred tier,...but he did not mention the following until I, and I repeat I had to ask about MGM+ , Max, Paramount, Showtime, Netflix. Only then did he reveal that I wouldn't be getting these when he earlier in the talk stated that MY PLAN WOULD NOT CHANGE. Did not discuss More Sports and Entmt, HD Prem DVR Svc, Gig+...which I will get noted above, plus internet, Unlimited Voice Standard HD Plan.  I agreed. Thursday  Oct 17,24 the plan change date  took affect. BOY were things [Edited: Language]. Get yourself a cup of coffee..here it goes #1. I lost 20-25 episodes of regularly scheduled serial recordings, in Saved Recordings #2 I lost approx same amt of random random episodes of other shows that  sounded interesting in Saved  Recordings. #3 I lost channels that were promised to be the same in the new plan...194 Smithsonian, 161 Reelz, 108 Nat Geo, 110Science, 113 Destination America. These are the lower numbers but would be recorded in HD as  we selected that option. I want these back with no increase in cost. #4 My que says 99% full even when half the recordings are missing. I try to follow the rules. The first phone call to 1-800-934-6489 said I would not get a live person, had to chat etc. ...but if I needed to, I would get a live person at some point. It took forever to set up my email acct that I was told I had to do ,but I did it!! I tried chat but Robot wasn't understanding the issue, the options to pick didn't match the issue. It was a waste. Asked for a live person..no go. I had to let it rest for a bit. I posted my issues on something..contact us??  Called again and got a tech who couldn't get it fixed and was sending to a higher tech...hope this is you! Then somewhere someone mentioned 20hrs recording "in cloud"??? instead of 150. I have more saved stuff than 20 hrs. Please Xfinity Marcos, get me back to what was promised. retrieve lost recordings and channels, fix full que , 150 hrs , not 20, and  at $280 and am requesting a longer plan time..2-3 yrs for all the aggravation Xfinity and Chris has caused me. Do you need another cup of coffee now  or something stronger??!!  Thank you for your time. Please help

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Very much appreciate the details for this user_vsjn4o. We will absolutely do everything in our power to help on the packaging situation, the lost recordings, in full transparency, I do not believe will be able to retrieve those, but I wanted to be right up front with that, I want to ensure you have solid expectations for the process.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

3 days ago

I can't get my comp. to s op security code it say I have wrong email

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hey there, user_67zc1r thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your account. We would be happy to help you with getting into your account. I know I love using the Xfinity website to manage all of my account needs as it is so convenient. Here is a link on how to update your email and phone number preferences on your account, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/update-account-preferences. Let us know if this helps!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here