D

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, February 5th, 2022 5:03 AM

Closed

Instant replay card missing

Why am I getting this msg on my TV? I just got my box replaced at the store. "instant replay card removed.  to pause and rewind live tv, insert the card" how do I get the box sent to me as I cannot get back to the store. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and being part of the Xfinity family. I am not sure why you're getting that message. I'd like to take a look at your account to see what I can find for you and how I can help you. In order to get started can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Today I am getting this same message. We got a new box a few weeks ago. Before today, the rewind feature has always worked. I powered off the TV and powered it back on just now, and that message still displays when I try to rewind. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@Likoster22 Thank you so much for letting us know you are getting this error. Have you tried a system refresh through the box or completing the basic troubleshooting steps at https://comca.st/3JFGWkI or https://comca.st/3LQVC2m;

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Rewind/pause stopped working on my old box this week.  Drove down to the Xfinity store and got a brand new Xfinity box, still in plastic wrap.  Took it out, set it up and now get "instant replay card removed" when I try to rewind/pause.  How can I fix this or do I need to go back to the store?  

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

@tropicmike

Try rebooting your box by unplugging it from the electrical outlet for 60 seconds then plugging it back in. Allow the box to reboot. If the error message still persists, you will need to swap out your box for another one. Sorry for this inconvenience. If you do need to swap out your box, you can either do it at the Xfinity store, or I can mail one to you and you and then you would mail the one you have now back to us, or drop it off at the UPS store or Xfinity store. If you would like me to mail you one, please send me a Direct Message with your full name and address. You can send me a direct message by clicking on the "chat" icon in the upper right, next click the pen/pad icon, and lastly Xfinity Support. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am getting the following error when trying to Forward/rewind/pause: "Something's not quite right. Only an instant replay memory card will work here. Please remove the incompatible SD card and re-insert the card that came with your set-top box."

Official Employee

• 

978 Messages

Hello, @user_69a385! Thanks for connecting with us here on our forums! We apologize for the trouble with your DVR. Have you attempted to unplug the cable box to see if the error is cleared by a restart? What other troubleshooting have you tried? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am getting this message too… why am I paying over $240/month to manage this???!!!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am getting this message too.. why am I paying over $240/month to manage individual boxes??!!!

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

Hey @user_8c6f4f

Thank you for letting us know about the error you are currently experiencing with your DVR. We do want to be sure we can get to the bottom of this. What troubleshooting steps have you already taken? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I’m getting same messages no rewind on companion box x1

rewinds fine on main box

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

Hello @user_7267dc I am sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the rewind option on the other box but you have reached the right team to help!  Are there any troubleshooting steps you've already attempted? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

This is [Edited: Personal Information]. I have the same message on my TV. Called Comcast Xfinity three months ago and they were to send me a new remote. Please welcome the remote never came. I have tried unplugging the TV from the wall and reset the box many times. I have been paying for this service for months now without being able to use it on my TV. I need to know next steps.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

Hello @user_dd55a3 and thank you for bringing your concern regarding both this TV box error message and your remote order to our attention here at the Xfinity Community Forums. I appreciate you letting me know the steps you've already taken so far with resetting the equipment and unplugging the box as well. I would like to further research the error you are receiving as well as ensure we get a new remote to you as soon as possible!

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

I too am getting this message,  It just started up. 
i restarted the box. 
Have a relatively new HDMI cable. I've checked and rechecked all connections.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

HELP … why am i getting MISSING REPLAY CARD Msg

Official Employee

• 

932 Messages

Hello @user_a51a68! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here