U

Tuesday, March 26th, 2024 7:57 PM

I need to disable screensaver.

I sleep with the television on every night. I can't sleep without it. I was forced to upgrade my modem which made my television constantly pixelate. After having my entire house rewired from Comcast suggested fixes I found the only fix for the incompatible modem was wireless boxes. Wireless boxes with a screensaver timeout that can't seem to be disabled. Every night I go to sleep and am awakened at 4 am from the silence. This is horrible. This needs to be addressed.

6 Messages

6 months ago

I want to disable my screensaver. As I look back through this forum I see that this has been a huge point of contention with many people for a few years now and apparently Xfinity doesn't seem to care. It has created problem some minor to the opposite end of the spectrum causing problems with people's well being and health. Xfinity must not care. If they were going to do anything about it they would have by now. I am feeling like it's time to consider different services after being with them for well over a decade.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, user_rgdm1x, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! We truly appreciate your feedback regarding this feature. At this time the screen saver can not be disabled however, you can change the settings to 5 hours. To make the changes you would press the Xfinity key then Setting Icon>Device Settings>Screen Saver>Screen Saver Start After. From here you can choose 5, 15, 30 minutes, or 5 hours. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

Yes I have done this. That allows me to get 5 hours of sleep. Can you tell me what is the purpose of the screensaver and why you won't allow me to disable it. My old boxes didn't have any of this nonsense going on. If I go back to the wired boxes can I watch TV for more than 5 hours again!

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

user_rgdm1x All of the X1 boxes will include of screensaver even the wired boxes. The screensaver setting will not appear if you have the Pandora app open and are streaming music which might be a good option at night. I know I like listening to music at night as I find it relaxing especially in my noisy neighborhood. 

The screen saver is mainly used to help with power consumption. It helps to limit the amount of energy your box is using. It also helps the TV from being stuck on one image and causing issues with the screen. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding this feature and I will definitely make sure your feedback is submitted. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

6 Messages

The X1 box that I was forced to turn in 2 weeks ago did not have any such feature. If that is Xfinity stance that it will do nothing to rectify this situation than I will be shopping for a new internet and TV provider. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

user_rgdm1x We definitely do not want to lose you as a customer and I will ensure your feedback is submitted as we are always looking for new ways to improve the customer experience. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here