A

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, March 12th, 2024 6:57 PM

Closed

I hate your unreliable DVR service with a passion.

First of all, whoever decided that DVR programs should be auto-deleted after a year should absolutely be fired and should be deported to Siberia. There isn't a single Comcast/Xfinity customer who wanted or asked for that. Not one. It should always be up to the paying customer when their programs are deleted, if ever. Also, there should be a pricing plan for unlimited DVR storage space. I would be able to justify the exorbitant amount I pay you people each month and every year if I actually got what I want - which is unlimited DVR space with no auto-delete, ever.

I recorded the 2023 Oscars last year and still had room on my DVR, and it was auto-deleted today just because it had been a year. I demand that Comcast/Xfinity gets me a copy of the full 2023 Oscars broadcast on Blu-Ray or DVD or whatever from ABC and sends it to me for free, and that Xfinity/Comcast gets down on their knees and begs for my reluctant forgiveness for deleting it.

That's just ONE of the rare TV programs that I recorded and did NOT WANT DELETED.

I record programs that aren't available for streaming, and I want to hold on to them. I've lost literally THOUSANDS of programs over the last 4 years because of the auto-delete fiasco, and each time it happens I am infuriated beyond belief. For the amount of money I'm paying I should get what I want, since the customer is always right and you people work for me. 

I want unlimited DVR storage space, and I want to be able to save every single recorded program indefinitely, as long as I want. That would justify the $4,000 I pay you people per year for TV, internet, and voice services. Again, do what I say and change they way you treat your paying loyal customers.  I will always be angry for the rest of my life because of the programs you people auto-deleted, and will never forgive you.  

There has to be a log somewhere of every single program I've recorded and was auto-deleted by Comcast/Xfinity. I want every single deleted program restored, or I want Comcast/Xfinity to PAY for copies of the original full broadcasts from the networks who aired them and have them shipped to me, all for free. 

Again, I already know I'm right. Do what I say.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

6 months ago

DVR's are for time shifting, not archiving.

Also, the time limit is more of a demand from the media companies. 1 year is generous. YouTube TV is only 9 months.

Contributor

• 

131 Messages

6 months ago

One reason I'm sticking with my Motorola DCX3400 DVR that I've had since 2010. I have an external 2TB drive connected, have some recordings from 2010 that is never shown or can be found, and they don't auto delete. I got an X1 DVR this week to try out in person. I hate it. The Menu/Guide is much more difficult to read with the black background and small white font text. It takes many more steps to accomplish the same things. And like you said records are deleted after a year regardless of how much space is available. Also, my on my older DVR it gives me 2.5 hours of "live buffer" on two tuners. I can set the the channel before bed, and when I get up, I can back it up to watch a few programs from the morning without having to do a recording. The X1 only gives 1 hour buffer even on SD channel.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

6 months ago

Hello @AnotherAngryCustomer, I'm sorry to hear we have made you feel this way. I will pass along your feedback suggestion for unlimited DVR storage and indefinitely DVR savings. I completely agree with you on being able to hold on to your DVR recordings for a bit longer. At this time our DVR retention is set at one year for DVR recordings and will delete starting from the oldest recording for the deletion schedule. 

If you have an X1 DVR this box can record approximately 150 total hours of HD programming on the hard drive and 150 hours of Cloud DVR storage per X1 DVR.

You can purchase additional Cloud DVR storage hours by visiting www.xfinity.com.

In some areas, you can upgrade your DVR service from your X1 TV Box by going to Main Menu > Saved > Recordings > Upgrade DVR Plan (located below the list of recorded programs).

1. Select Get Started to review recording options.
  2. New monthly pricing will appear, along with the Terms and Conditions. Select Submit Order to complete your purchase.
  3. A confirmation Thank You! page will appear. Your new DVR storage should be available immediately after the upgrade is complete.
  4. DVR storage hours and menu screens such as current storage percentage (Guide > Saved > Recordings) may not update immediately but will shortly after if you upgrade. Cloud recordings will initially differ from what's on your local hard drive. Any new recordings will be reflected similarly on both the cloud and TV Box.

For now, I would recommend checking your deleted recordings folder to see if the Oscars 2023 is in there for you to recover. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here