riffwraith2's profile

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

Saturday, September 14th, 2024 4:20 AM

Closed

How to pair an XR11 voice remote with my satellite box

Hi

I have two XRll remotes. One of them works fine with my main box in my living room, but the other does not control my satellite box. I have:

1) Pressed the Microphone (Voice) button and said, "Program remote."  There are no on-screen instructions.

2) Aimed the remote at the TV Box, pressed the A button on the remote, but as before, there are no on-screen instructions.

Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

6 days ago

riffwraith2 Just to confirm when you say a satellite box you are speaking of another Xfinity TV box correct? 

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

Just to confirm when you say a satellite box you are speaking of another Xfinity TV box correct?

Yes

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

riffwraith2 Thanks for the confirmation and letting us know what steps you have already completed. I would be reaching out if I were in your shoes too. We are happy to help. A few things to try would be to check the batteries in the remote, restart the Xfinity TV box by removing the power cable from the wall outlet and testing again. Should you still have issues we can investigate deeper. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

5 days ago

Thanks. I have brand new batteries, and have power-cycled the box. Still does not work.

The remote is fine; it works with the box downstairs. In fact, if I press the Microphone button and say, "Program remote", the on-screen instructions are visible. It just doesn't work with the satellite box upstairs. 

Official Employee

• 

476 Messages

Thank you for confirming. When you have a moment, head over to https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/programming-your-xfinity-remote and try the steps listed here. Let us know how it goes.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

Why are you giving me a link that has all of the steps I already said I tried? Why? I already said what I have tried; those SAME steps are in that article. Why would you send me to that article?

Official Employee

• 

737 Messages

riffwraith2 You mentioned before "I have two XRll remotes. One of them works fine with my main box in my living room, but the other does not control my satellite box. I have:" Do both remotes work on the main box? Have you tried both remotes on the satellite box?

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

You haven't read my posts, have you?

I have this figured out. Please close this thread.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here