J

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, April 8th, 2023 8:09 PM

Closed

HBO Max not starting on my tv.

Works on one TV but not the other. All other apps start fine (Disney, Netflix, Amazon, etc.).

Official Solution

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

1 year ago

@jawsatl Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. I can understand how frustrating this would be. Are you getting any type of error message when you try to launch the app? 

Please check out the instructions outlined in our Activate the HBO Max App on Xfinity Flex or X1 article for additional directions on how to get the HBO Max app set up on each Xfinity television box you have. 

Please let us know if you are still having issues after following the directions in that article or if you are receiving an error message. 

This comment was created from this reply

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityTimothyA​ Unfortunately, none of the instructions provided work for me. When I start up HBO Max from the apps menu, I get the HBO Max screen (image attached) but never get to any other menu to allow me to sign in or do anything to access the app.. I am using an X1 box, model Pace PXD0. 

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

If you are only getting that screen, the next best thing would be to reboot the box. Let me know if that helps anything! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I have rebooted the box several times but it will not load at all. Remains at the screen previously sent. Should I consider replacing the digital box connected to the TV?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thanks for trying that, @jawsatl! Let's troubleshoot this on our end. Can you please send our team a private message with your name and service address? Our team can take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

2.1K Messages

1 year ago

Just to be certain, are you referring to an X1 Box that HBO Max is not starting on or a Smart TV using HBO Max app installed on that TV itself?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@jweaver0312​ It's a small X1 box I rent from Xfinity and trying to access HBO Max through a subscription I pay to Xfinity.

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@jawsatl Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. I can understand how frustrating this would be. Are you getting any type of error message when you try to launch the app? 

Please check out the instructions outlined in our Activate the HBO Max App on Xfinity Flex or X1 article for additional directions on how to get the HBO Max app set up on each Xfinity television box you have. 

Please let us know if you are still having issues after following the directions in that article or if you are receiving an error message. 

(edited)

This reply has been converted into a comment

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

1 year ago

I have the same problem as the user above.

Can I send a direct message to someone who can help me with it?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here