Anon1277593's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, February 14th, 2021 6:00 PM

Closed

HBO Max content won't play through my secondary box

I can access the HBO Max app with my secondary TV box, but none of the content will play. It plays through my primary box.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @user_6ee50a! You may want to try signing out of the HBO Max app, and then sign in again. There may be an authentication disconnection between us and HBO. Here is a link to steps that may help. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/hbo-max-app-on-x1-and-flex

(edited)

This comment was created from this reply

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

And the model of that secondary box is...?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

XiD-C

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

It’s a compatible box do you get any error messages? Try a reset?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

No error message. I did a reset by unplugging it.

I can get into the app. It displays content, but nothing happens when I hit play.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hi there, Anon1277593. Sorry to hear about the trouble with the app on that second box. We would like to see what we can do to get it working for you. Since you tried to reset it already and that didn't work, we can try sending a few signals from here and if those don't work, we might need to open a request for you. Either way, we're here to help! Please send me a PM with your first and last name, we can go from there.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

How was this resolved??? I am having the same issue with several apps that will work one night and not the next.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello, @, thank you for reaching out in our forum and giving me a chance to help with your app issues. I can only imagine how you feel with that intermittency and not knowing when they'll work or not, but I have your back on this all the way. We want you to be able to kick back, relax, and enjoy those apps without worry. To get started can you please let me know which apps you've noticed the issue on? Also, are you getting any error messages or error codes on your screen when the issue is present? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue here ... tired of paying $14.99 per month for a channel that won't play.  Already reset it.. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue!  Any fix?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_4262a4, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! I definitely apologize you are having issues with HBO Max on your secondary box! Are you getting an error message or what is happening when you attempt to load the app?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

Was this ever fixed?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue.  What is the fix?

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

Hello @MRZ51999 and @KF2417, thanks for reaching out on our Forums page in regard to the troubles you're experiencing with the content on HBO Max. As an avid user of HBO Max myself, I definitely understand the importance of being able to fully enjoy it on all of your cable boxes. Rest assured my team can help! In order to determine or provide you with a fix to this issue, we need to gather a little bit more information from you. Can you please let me know the exact error you're encountering on your end? Are you receiving any error codes? 

We look forward to assisting! 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue-was on the phone with Xfinity for nearly 2 hours last night. Tried multiple resets and they sent several signals. All my other apps work, just not HBO Max. HELP! 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have had the same issue for the last week.  On my primary box, videos play just fine.  On the secondary box, I can select a video, but when I try to get it to play, it loads for a few seconds, then goes back to the HBOMax Home Screen.  I’ve reset my box, and I’ve done a system refresh.  Those haven’t resolved the issue.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@Ph8ssell I'm having the same issue. My DVR stopped playing HBO Max a coupe of days ago. However, the other small boxes still plays HBO Max. I tried rebooting, but no help. It worked on all TV's until a couple of days ago...go figure. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@Ph8ssell I have the same issue as @Allgraph1 where the main xfinity dvr box will not play anything on HBO Max, but the smaller satellite box still plays HBO Max just fine. I am on Chat with Xfinity support right now. The reset that they do and a 30 second power off and then back on did not fix it. Will wait and post what works to fix it, just in case this helps someone else. They had to escalate this to the app team. They discovered that there was a software issue with the main cable box and issued a software update and another reset to fix this HBO Max issue. It looks like you would need to call or chat with them to fix this. Sorry!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

So the software update fixed it?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This is exactly what is happening to me.  Up until a few days ago, it worked fine.  Now, primary box won't play HBO Max, secondary does.  On primary box, it will allow me to select a show, but flips me back to the home page when I hit play.  I cannot watch any programming.  Only on 2nd TV.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Yes!!! The same thing is happening!! 

Is there a fix, if not, it is getting canceled! Why are are paying for a service that doesn't work? 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @user_6ee50a! You may want to try signing out of the HBO Max app, and then sign in again. There may be an authentication disconnection between us and HBO. Here is a link to steps that may help. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/hbo-max-app-on-x1-and-flex

This reply has been converted into a comment

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Just called customer service. They said its an authentication issue on HBO side. They had me sign out of the app and sign back in. Now it works! Give it a try. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here