U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, November 28th, 2021 2:44 AM

Closed

HBO Max can’t verify my subscription

When I go into the HBO Max app on my xfinity it tells me that it can’t verify my subscription and my xfinity subscription has expired. Thanks be talked to four customer service agents who passed it along to a tech who came out (which I knew was not going to fix anything because how could he) and he said I have to contact HBO. Why would I when it’s obvious that xfinity is not sending the right signal to the app. 
If anyone can help that would be fantastic since Comcast can not. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

We are having the same issue as of this Thanksgiving weekend 11/27/21. We have made no progress with the issue with the HBO Max APP on X1 TV Box. We confirmed that we still have it included in our service plan with Xfinity as did the customer svc rep's at Xfinity that we still have HBO Max included in our cable plan. We have used the HBO Max APP via X1 TV box for nearly a year and this weekend was the 1st time we've had this issue and now we're still waiting for the issue to be resolved. We were told someone from Xfinity would contact us back once the issue is resolved but still nothing...Very frustrating to be paying for HBO etc and now we can't even enjoy the new movies/shows on HBO Max with this "can't verify your subscription, says our subscription has expired" message. Obviously, the link from our paid cable service plan with Xfinity is not getting communicated to HBO Max app.  All it wants to do once we follow the steps to sign in via Xfinity is add to our plan when it is already included in our paid plan. Please help Xfinity - we pay a lot of money for these services and believe you should have a solution on this by now seeing there are umpteen messages on the web for this specific issue.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_eeeab9, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! We would love to take a look at your HBO subscription to help with getting this resolved for you. I truly apologize you were unable to watch your HBO Max movies over the holiday weekend! We are here to help! 

Please send us a private message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sent a direct message with info requested. Please let me know when you have a resolution. Same issue is still persisting as of 12/3/21. Cleared cache, etc AGAIN and still not signing into the HBO Max app via X1 TV box, only wants to add to our plan and does not sign into HBO Max app. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

We are having the same issue. I was just on the phone with somebody for a half an hour and they cannot resolve it. I’m going to cancel my HBO service with them unfortunately if they can’t straighten things out. I should not have to pay for it.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

same exact problem here. except ive never, at any point, been able to log in. it looks like it is trying to. i get the big green animated checkmark of joy and as soon as the sadness begins to leave my weary heart up pops the message that, to me, says "we're sorry, all the good web developers are currently working at google and netflix. Please enter this endless loop of instructions we are using to hide the fact that our poorly executed app can't connect to HBO's backend API's."

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

This seems as if it’s a common problem [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. This is so frustrating!

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Hello, @user_f478f9. I know I would be frustrated if I couldn't access my HBO subscription and watch my favorite shows. I would love to look into what's going on with the subscription error further with you. What troubleshooting steps were taken when you called in? Are you attempting to access the HBO Max app from your cable box or another device? Are you logging into your Primary Xfinity UserID or a secondary UserID? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Has anyone found a solution yet?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

i have attempted to login to hbo max through the x1 box and through my computer. ive done a system reset. i am logging in. with my primary login. i havent called in because i dont have 2 hours to waste which is how long a call to comcast usually takes.

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

Wow, this certainly sounds very frustrating @bridgecity. Since after you enter the code, you get a subscription error I would like to take a little closer look at your account. We might need to update your entitlements. I am sure working together we will get to the bottom of this so you can enjoy HBO Max on the X1 box. Can you send us a private message with your full name, name of account holder (if different) and service address? To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I have also been having this same issue for nearly a month. I spent 4 hours on the phone with HBO Max support and have had multiple messages with Xfinity support, including Anna....I was told my entitlements have been refreshed, and instructed to clear cookies on all my boxes and my web browser. I was then told to wait a hour and try. NO LUCK!! I have done this at least a dozen time with nothing changing. I always get directed to the Xfinity web page to add HBO Max. I have had HBO for many, many years. I have been an Xfinity customer since 1996. This is very concerning that this issue has not been properly addressed and corrected. I am seriously considering canceling ALL of my services, including my business account. Over the last couple of years support has completely gone down the drain...............

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Issue still hasn't been resolved.  Has anyone figured it out yet?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_58283e

Mine has not and I'm more frustrated than ever.   

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

@user_f478f9

Hi there! I'd love to help. Please send us a private message with your full name and service address to get started. 

To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

I want to be sure we can get everything figured out for you with your service. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Try going to HBOmax/tvsignin and following the instructions.  It will have you enter the code that shows up on your tv and then it should work.  This didn't work for me at first, then I waited a few days and tried again and it worked.  It could possibly be a HBO problem because the site showed up different almost every time I went in.  In the end there was a button for signing in if you are subscribed through a cable provider and I got in that way.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

UPDATE:  I got my issue resolved.  The CS rep had me delete the cookies and cache (under settings and privacy through the xfinity button) and it worked. They said the issue with HBO was just fixed yesterday.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_f478f9 glad yours got resolved. I have tried that same thing a dozen times...still nothing....

(edited)

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

@user_f478f9 tried this and did not fit it. Sooo frustrating. I don't blame Frontline techs. There's obviously something glitched behind the scenes. Please Xfinity Comcast fix THIS!. I've rebooted, reset, etc. I can watch HBO channels and HBO on demand. Only recently HBO MAX service no longer works, but there are things that you can only watch on the max app.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Try going to HBOmax/tvsignin and following the instructions.  It will have you enter the code that shows up on your tv and then it should work.  This didn't work for me at first, then I waited a few days and tried again and it worked.  It could possibly be a HBO problem because the site showed up different almost every time I went in.  In the end there was a button for signing in if you are subscribed through a cable provider and I got in that way.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_f478f9​ this worked for me! I cleared the cookies and turned the tv off and back on. Once I got into HBO max I had to login again and then it worked! Thank you :)

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

@user_763451​ 

Since my issue just started last night (2/5/22), I don’t think HBO has solved its Xfinity problem or vice versa. HBO works, so obviously my subscription hasn’t expired, which is 1 of the 2 error messages I get on my tv screen. The other is “Content not available” when it does let me sign in, but not open any show.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Been experiencing exact same issue, here we are Dec, 14th issue still not resolved app still not receiving proper signal. I would rather pay for HBO MAXX and drop Xfinity if that's the final solution. 

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue as well. I've reset cache on my boxes as well. This definitely seems like a behind the scenes programming glitch. The HBO max app on my Xfinity TV box says my HBO max subscription is expired. Ummm no it's not! I can watch HBO channel and watch HBO on demand shows. This was all working fine up until about three weeks ago or so. 

All tech support can have me do is reset, retry, try another email, nothing fixes it.

I enter the code that pops up on the TV. I go to the website to activate. I'm then sent to an Xfinity sales page prompting me to sign up for the service. Ughh

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@Frogula same here going on since Nov 16th- nothing they have me do fixes it 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

same here since Nov 16th - nothing they have me to fixes it. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Yes, we have that problem as well for about a week.  I cannot even get past the Xfinity robots on the help sites and HBO Max directs me to Xfinity.  Very frustrating.  If Xfinity/Comcast is monitoring this forum (as apparently you are) please help.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

@farmerg Sooo frustrating. I don't blame Frontline techs. There's obviously something glitched behind the scenes. Please Xfinity Comcast fix THIS!. I've rebooted, reset, etc. I can watch HBO channels and HBO on demand. Only recently HBO MAX service no longer works, but there are things that you can only watch on the max app

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

@user_4f2194 Sooo frustrating. I don't blame Frontline techs. There's obviously something glitched behind the scenes. Please Xfinity Comcast fix THIS!. I've rebooted, reset, etc. I can watch HBO channels and HBO on demand. Only recently HBO MAX service no longer works, but there are things that you can only watch on the max app

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Having the exact same problem!!!  Cleared my xfinity cache/cookies.  I have signed out and signed in multiple times.  Same error message.  Infuriating.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We pulled our hair out for over 2 months trying to get MAX back on. Every time I saw "can't verify subscription" I wanted to shoot the tv. Finally we got a help from xfinity technical support. This lady sounded like just another representative. Wanted to hang up but I'm happy I didn't. The following is what she told us. It's an hour later and it's still working.

1.Hit your xfinity bar.

2.Go to settings

3.On 1st page go down to

PRIVACY and go into it 

4.Go down to Clear Cookies 

and Local Storage Data and

go into it

5.In a box it says OK or Cancel. H

Hit OK

6.That will send you to a sign up 

page and after we filled that

out, magically MAX was back 

I would have bet good money 

that the tech did not know what

she was talking about. Anyway 

we thanked her many times. Hope this will fix your problem. 

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

@user_11e008 I have tried those procedures DOZENS of times and it does not fix my issue.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Doesn't work.

I have the same problem.  Half the time I can't get into the Apps and Subscriptions tab, but when I do it only shows Hulu now and same as everyone above it shows the error message and that my subscription is expired.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello, @user_36dfb6. Thank you for visiting the Xfinity Forums for solutions to the HBO subscription error you're receiving. I can imagine how frustrating receiving that error is when you're trying to enjoy your shows. We are aware that some customers are impacted by this, and are receiving the error "can't verify subscription - We're having trouble verifying your HBO Max subscription" upon sign in to HBO Max on X1. Our team of expert Xfinity techs are working to resolve this issue ASAP. When we have an update for resolution we'll circle back and provide more info here. Thank you for your continued patience during this time.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Well mine just went off tonight after watching one episode of a series. When the next episode came up. OHOH!   cant verify your subscription. This is 1/7/22. Guess xfinity hasnt made any progress on this problem. Too bad i just increased some services. May have to rethink that 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

My hbo max just started not working this week! Have we learned how to resolve this issue yet?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am hitting this problem as well (on 1/16/2022). HBO Max on my LG TV and on my laptop say the subscription to HBO Max through Xfinity has expired. But when I look at my billing details for Jan-Feb 2022, there's the HBO Max charge!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This happened to me today. As it happened I changed my xfinity account password earlier. Apparently that broke the credentials link to the hbo account. So I had to go to my laptop and resubmit my credentials to hbo max. Then have xfinity reset the box. That fixed it. For me at least. 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Thank you for sharing your resolution, @Johnfcjr! I hope this helps rectify the issue for others as well. Don't forget, you can also use the Xfinity My Account App to reset your cable boxes. Find out how, here

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have had this problem since November of 2021. I have called HBO-Max countless times. I have called Xfinity countless times. They just run the same diagnostics every time, Then they say something like "I can imagine how frustrating receiving that error is when you're trying to enjoy your shows". Then they end with we will escalate this and say we will get back to you with a resolution but they never contact me back. I just started another incident and ticket with them. But of course I plan to never hear back from them. Currently I am now looking to get off of Comcast. I can not believe that Comcast has been charging me all these months for a service they can not provide. I believe I am going to forward all of my information on this problem to the state attorney generals office. Hopefully they can put together a lawsuit against Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_ee3580​ I fixed mine by logging out of hbo and signing in/up again. I had to put the code back into the tv, but it worked! Good luck!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_ee3580​  same here- mid nov 21 and still no fix in sight and no matter how many times we try to do the reboot (20+) nothing works and each company blame each other and never get back with a fix- they can add on all the new channels but cant take off HBO Max and put it back on.....

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_84b45e​ sadly we have tried every fix in the mix over 20+ times and nothing works glad yours was a easy fix

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Well, I did finally get HBO Max and all the other apps to work, mostly by going to their login page and signing in again.  I had tried this before and it didn't work, so they must have fixed something.  I had changed a password, so maybe that was it??  I don't know, but it is fixed for now!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

The Comcast support rep was able to fix it somehow by running diagnostics and resetting my cable modem from their end. Not sure how that could have helped (or if they did something else in their backend), but after ~an hour with them, my TV and laptop were able to show my subscription as active (all the time using the same Comcast login info).

I ended up cancelling my HBO subscription through Comcast anyway (moved to a new plan with faster internet for less money, but it didn't include HBO).

I went ahead and signed up with HBO directly on their website - it was cheaper than what Comcast had been charging me!

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Also had no trouble getting thru xfinity hbo on my iphone. But who wants to binge on GOT on a 4” screen. Thinking i will go hbomax direct subscription and remove from xfinity acct. i believe this is 100% xfinity problem and their pretense of otherwise is cheating millions of customers. So. Attny genl or other consumer regulators is a good idea and i will be researching appropriate agency. Xfinity is collecting fraudulent fees and i suspect many people are paying and unaware of both the app snd that it isnt being delivered. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Yippee ki yay!  I worked the problem a week or so ago w the hbomax cust svc n got hbomax to work on iphone. So i had the app open on my tv (before i get notice we cant verify) and i signed onto my account on my iphone using the xfinity provider sign in. And then selected a program on my tv and damned if after a back up one page n try again -its now working. I didnt use my email to sign in i used my xfinity user id. Hmmmm now im afraid to turn it off!!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_5e98d5​ After going through garbage with Xfinity support for 4 days I stubbled upon this solution, and it actually worked for me too, and I use android, thank you for posting 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here