MPEARCE's profile

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

Saturday, July 22nd, 2023 8:10 PM

Closed

Guide color?

Just had to switch over to the X one, and having trouble reading this white lettering on the black background. I see no options to change this, is that correct? I have vision problems and this is not going to work for me if there’s nothing that can be done about it! Thank you in advance for any help or information!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

Hi @MPEARCE,

Thank you for visiting our Xfinity Community Forums support page. We would be more than happy to offer assistance. With the new X1 system, it actually provices quite a bit of customization features that may help you. I would highly recommend visiting our support pages below:

- Set the Background Darkness Level on Your X1 On-Screen Guide
- X1 Accessibility Features and Benefits for Customers With Disabilities
- Find the X1 Accessibility Settings Menu

These support pages will help you go through the settings and accessibility settings to help make navigating the X1 system easier for you. 

There are things such as changing the background darkness level to help with text readability, our Enhanced Text Readability to change the font sizes, and many more such as Voice and Audio Guidance. 

Please give these features a try and let us know if you need any further assistance with activating and enabling any of these features. 

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

1 year ago

I appreciate this, but that’s not the question that I asked. Changing the background darkness only has to do with transparency on the guide. I simply asked if there was a way, as there used to be, to change the actual guide colors and obviously the answer is no.

1 Message

I’m having the same problem. I want back the blue background guide color and I can’t seem to find how to do it… the black hurts my eyes and I just can’t see it well!!!!

1 Message

1 year ago

I agree that Xfinity needs to bring back the blue background for the guide menu, both my wife and I have problems reading the white letters on black background.  It hurts our eyes to look at it. Xfinity user <EDIT: Removed Personal Information>

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_yv81lk. Thank you so much for the feedback. The blue background was for our legacy box guide. I have submitted this feedback to our engineers and hopefully down the rode they can give us an update to be able to change the guide background color. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here