PooreBoy76's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Wednesday, July 21st, 2021 9:23 PM

Closed

Getting error code rdk-03003...

I'm not able to watch TV through my cable box due to the error code rdk-0303...with the following message:

"Sorry there seems to be a problem...etc. Please check that your cables are tightly secured and try again. If that doesn’t work, go to xfinity.com/support/status or use the Xfinity My Account app to check for service outages and get additional troubleshooting tips."

I've tried all of the trouble shooting steps and even went and got another X1 box to see if that was the issue. But, I'm still having this problem. 

The box continues to recycle through the set-up process as long as it's left plugged in.

I've replaced all of the connecting cables and still no luck. It was working fine last night. But when turned on the TV this morning I started getting this and other error codes randomly.

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

I got up this morning and decided to try one last thing. I took the splitter out of the equation and took the coax directly to the X1 box. I left the ethernet unplugged. I plugged the box in and waited...and finally the box loaded successfully and was fully functional.

So, I decided to put the splitter back into the line and hooked everything up the way it was previously. After about 10 minutes the box came back online and is now operational. 

I have no idea what originally caused this issue, but I'm suspecting that it might have been a software upgrade that went bad. So, Im hoping that it continues to work without any further issues. 

I'll update this post if the problem returns in the next few days. If it does, then I suspect the splitter may be going bad. But, for now I'm able to watch TV.

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

@PooreBoy76

Hello! Wow! That was great troubleshooting and process of elimination! I can see having all those errors could get tedious to say the least. Please keep up updated on this and let us know if you have any issues whatsoever. Were here as a community to help.

I have seen splitters go bad before. In my last place, I had the same splitter for years and it was fine. However, I have seen that cause interference and all sort of interruptions in service. Its not common but happens. Again, we are here if (edit: formatting) you need anything 😊.

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Regular Visitor

• 

12 Messages

After a week, I can say with confidence that replacing the splitter has fixed the issue. I've had not errors or issues in the past week.

I hope that this helps someone else who may encounter this problem...and to not discount anything in the connection chain. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

I appreciate you following up with us after removing the splitter, @PooreBoy76. We're glad your services are working properly. This is exactly what we like to hear, especially after knowing everything you've been through to get here. Have a great day!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here