Tigger5662's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, March 5th, 2022 9:02 PM

Closed

ESPN app authentication failed

Only happening for some games and it says to reach out to your cable provider. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @Tigger5662, thanks for reaching out for help with your ESPN app. I can imagine the frustrations this would cause, but you came to the right place for help! 

When you notice the authentication error, are you at home and connected to your wireless network? Also, are you able to view the game normally on your X1 device, and it's just the app giving this error? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I too am now getting this same error when trying to watch from my TV. The program shows in the xfinity guide but when I try and watch it and it launches the ESPN app, the app either just spins and never loads or I get the Authentication failed saying it was not able to authenticate my comcast account, if you think this is in error please contact your provider. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Likewise.  ESPN was not able to authenticate your Comcast account.  I can watch the same game on my phone but not on my TV

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Likewise. ESPN was not able to authenticate your Comcast account. Yet I am able to watch the game on my phone but not on my tv. The odd thing is I can watch ESPN+ game but if it's on the SECN+ that is when I get the error

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@user_65fcb7 and All,

@afj99 posted a solution below. Please try this and let us and the community know if this resolved your issue. If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

This reply has been converted into a comment

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I'm with 10e87c..... I'm not on Roku.  I have the X1. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Let's continue working on this, @user_65fcb7! Are you having issues with the channel or the app? If it's the app, are you able to uninstall and reinstall the app to see if that helps? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I am having same issue. Trying to watch Tim Hortons Brier via ESPN3 on X1. I can get to app but as soon as I select show it says "UNABLE TO AUTHENTICATE" contact your cable provider. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue for me.  Also trying to watch Tim Hortons Brier via ESPN3.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_e68605  It's very strange, I was able to watch the Scotties no issue. I was able to watch Brier games on ESPN3 on Saturday and Monday but had authentication issues Sunday and Wednesday.

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

I am having this same issue. 

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@user_e68605 Thank you for letting us know that you are using the X1 cable box. I can see how this would be frustrating. Can you let us know what steps you have taken to troubleshoot this? This will help us know were to start. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issue. Comcast reps are clueless

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

After trying multiple solutions, the only thing that worked for me....I logged out of my Xfinity account on my Roku tv then reauthenticated it. The first time I authenticated it but I was still logged in but after I logged out and went through the process of logging in and reauthenticating, it worked

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

2 years ago

@user_65fcb7 and All,

@afj99 posted a solution below. Please try this and let us and the community know if this resolved your issue. If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

This comment was created from this reply

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityElizabethA​ The solution posted by afj99 did not help. I am not using a Roku -- I have an Xfinity X1 box. I can navigate to the espn3 app and see the list of live events but when selecting an event I receive the "authentication failed" message.

Official Employee

• 

618 Messages

Let's a further look into this in DM together @user_10e87c

To send a direct message [private message]:

•    Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •    Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://comca.st/3t3sw8E
  •    Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •    The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •    - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •    - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •    Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •    Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@XfinityElizabethA​ The solution posted by @afj99 specifically applied to a RokuTV. I am using an Xfinity cable box. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityJay​ And today it is now working for me.  I did not change anything on my end, but when I navigate to ESPN3 on my X1 box, I am able to select Tim Brier Curling and watch live. Looks like Comcast and ESPN are now talking to each other again.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityJay I still have the same problem when accessing the Curling.

I wonder if this is isolated to the 4K Xfinity box.

Last Saturday, I also had trouble watching the UFC PPV. I had purchased it on my mobile ESPN app. When I went to go watch the PPV on the ESPN app on X1, it showed that I had purchased it. However, when I selected it, it said I had to purchase it and it will be charged on my Xfinity account.  Thus, I was charged twice for the PPV; on Google Play and Xfinity.

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

I have this issue when I try to watch a game on ESPN that I find using the 'On Demand' option on my xfinity remote.

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

@whoanellie

Hello! Thanks for reaching out to bring this to our attention. We are working on this issue with ESPN and also related apps having this error. We do suggest closing out of the application or device and signing back in which has helped in some cases but this is happening to X-1 users on the cable box as well. If you are not loading an app specifically, we would recommend going to this ESPN website at https://comca.st/3t5NnYR to select us as your provider to watch certain content. We truly apologize for this inconvenience and we are working hard to resolve this quickly for all our users.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here