Sunday, September 26th, 2021 5:00 PM

Closed

Error Code: Apps-04036

Get the above error when trying to stream live tv on peacock app

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @user_5eb793. I'm sorry to hear you're receiving this error message when attempting to access the Peacock app. I would be more than happy to help figure out what's going on.

What streaming device are you using to access this application? Also, have you updated the software on this device?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityRaul we're experiencing the sane error code (APPS-04036) when just trying to LOAD Peacock, which it won't do. It's been giving us this error for almost 3 weeks now. Is there a solution to this issue??

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

Hi, @user_62b4ed, are you noticing this issue across all devices, or are you just noticing this on your cable box? Is it running slowly or will it not load at all? Are any other apps having this issue? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same problem - has there been a resolution to this?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

Hello @JR_13, 

If you are having troubles and need support, please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue so that the community and our support representatives can assist.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hello Comcaat Team,

I am having the same problem(error code 04036) appears after the peacock app has loaded and closed. Just as

@JR_13 and @user_5eb793

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello and thanks for reaching out @Customer_Since-2010. Are you still having issues with your Peacock app? If so, please send me a direct message with your first and last name, along with your complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.   

Here are detailed steps to direct message us:  

• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
  • Click the direct message icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
  • Press Enter to send your message 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityAaron 

No drop down...tried in email otherwise no idea what ur talking about

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’m getting the same error code but when trying to use the sling app. All other apps are working fine. Brand new device too. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_3ee285. Thank you for letting us know that you are experiencing the error on Sling as well. Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I have the same error loading iHeart podcasts through the cable box.  Live radio stations come through.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

358 Messages

Thank you for letting us know about the error you are getting When trying to listen to podcast through the iHeart radio app off of our cable box. Does the podcast work for you on your smartphone off of the same app?

I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum or work for Comcast. 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Yes, it does, after a delay.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Ignore that reply, sorry.  I have no other access through Xfinity.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I fixed this problem clearing out the cookies and local data on the xfinity box.  Here’s how to do that:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-clear-cookies-and-local-data-storage

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_4a091b​ 

This worked for us with Paramount+. The error code seems to be the same on all apps, so it might work universally but don't know that for certain. Try it...can't hurt...

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I'm getting the same error message when trying to stream on Paramount plus. What is the problem and how do you fix it thanks 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I'm getting the same error code when trying to stream Paramount plus. I have updated Paramount plus and peacock but still happening. Is there a fix thanks

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here