U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 19th, 2022 9:02 PM

Closed

Error code: app-04036

When loading Paramount+ app through xfinity x1 cable box the app usually closes without loading fully and presents error code: "app-04036". Otherwise when it does load it often shows error code: "-" which covers the screen while trying to watch any show.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @user_9dce33. Thank you for reaching out about the Paramount+ app on X1. We will get this figured out and appreciate you taking some time to troubleshoot. What steps have you taken to try and resolve the problem such as a system refresh or restarting the cable box? Does anything you do seem to resolve the problem for a bit or does it just continue? Do any other apps seem to be having problems or just Paramount+ that you notice?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityRay​ restarted the box many times, then it works for a bit, then trouble starts again!

Official Employee

• 

618 Messages

Thanks for doing what you can from home? Just to confirm, have you already performed troubleshooting through the Xfinity My Account app?

When you open the app, tap TV on the Overview screen. Then tap the device you'd like to troubleshoot. Please note: The screen may differ on an Android device.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityRay​ I am receiving Error Code: APPS-04036 for Paramount + I have restarted modem / internet and tv box and still not working. The error started 05/23/22. The app works on iPad and iPhone. It is an Xfinity issue

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same problem for me

works using Vizio smart streaming but never with Xfinity now. Same error code.  Just got off phone with Comcast service. She had no idea after being on hold. Said would escalate.  That means we can’t help you too bad. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello and thank you for your patience while you wait for your response. We are aware of this issue and working to resolve it with Paramount + at this time the work around is to use the Paramount Plus Website. Thank you again for your patience. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the exact same issue. Restarted both router and box multiple times. Still not working 😕 😞

Problem Solver

• 

574 Messages

Hi, @user_354c0e! Is Paramount the only app you are having issues with? Are you launching it through the X1 cable box, flex box, or a different device?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I have same issue with HB0 MAX.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Having problem with paramount plus app when I sign in on my xfinity cable box I tried several times and keep getting 04036 error code

Gold Problem Solver

• 

358 Messages

Hi! Thank you for reporting that you are having issues with the Paramount Plus app when signing in on your Xfinity cable box. Paramount Plus is a great and I love it myself so I know how this can be frustrating for you, I can help you, are you able to sign in to the app on any other devices?

I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum or work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same problem here. No problem on phones or tablets. Only the tv with xfinity.  Nothing fixes it. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I’m having the same problem consistently. And the app is extremely slow, as are all other streaming apps I load via xfinity. I will use my smart tv instead whenever possible, as it’s much quicker. I’m on hold with xfinity representative trying to fix the issue 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the exact same issue. What the heck is going on? Nexflix, Paramount+, none of the external apps will launch via xfinity with the exception of Peacock. I have tried all the fixes mentioned, but can't get it to work. Considering these are paid subscription apps, I'm really getting angry paying for something I can't use. Please fix the issue.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

259 Messages

@user_feac00, have you already tried

clearing out the cookies and local data on the cable box?  Here’s how to do that:

https://comca.st/34IloVG

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Good job, cleared out my login data and didn’t fix the problem.  I think xfinity owes me the subscription cost for an app I can’t watch.

Official Employee

• 

232 Messages

Hello @user_2f47e7. We would be happy to help with your app issues. This post is over 6 months old and will be closed. Can you please start a new post in the customer service tile/boards on the home screen? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am also having the same issue x1 box box it’s only paramount + that I am having issues with. I’ve done as suggested turned off turned on disconnected reset nothing has fixed it. Every other streaming service works fine and paramount plus works fine on my apple iPhone my tv is a Samsung smart tv. 

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

@user_7aec60​  same issue and Smart Tv.  But the issue is with Xfinity. There Philippines tech support is totally worthless

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am also having the same issue. It is with only paramount plus and no other streaming service. We have the x1 box and a samsung smart tv. We have tried turning tv off and on. Box on and off. Disconnecting everything and reconnecting and there is still no improvement.  The app has no trouble on my iPhone but we can’t watch a show on my cell so we may have to cancel. 

Official Employee

• 

330 Messages

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us today. I know how frustrating it is when you can't watch the content you love. I'd be happy to do more in-depth troubleshoot so we can get Paramount up and running again. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

Totally worthless.  No wonder xfinity support is rated the poorest in the USA

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue. Called, was scheduled an appointment,  then xfinity called and canceled saying it's paramount issues. It is not. Called paramount and they said only xfinity users have this issue. If it's not resolved I'm going to get another provider. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @user_dfdc84, Paramount has a lot of popular shows out right now, so I'm sorry you've been having issues accessing it. I would pretty upset if I couldn't watch something that I pay for and really wanted to see, so I get where you're coming from. We certainly don't want to see you leave, so let's roll up our sleeves and get to work on this. Is this the only app you're having issues on? Also, if you have multiple cable boxes, are they all being impacted or just one? 

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

What a poor reply. All support is from the Philippines and they are clueless on how to fix this. They always say they are your ambassador to fix your issue, they can’t, do they send you to level 2 and then you have to explore all over, they can’t speak good English and when they can’t fix it, they disconnect you. Hours waiting and trying to fix on phone only to find I’ve wasted all that time. And their mobile support is also from the Philippines which is horrible. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having the same issue on my LG TV. despite everything I try paramount will partially load then have an error code. I tried resetting the wifi box, i ran a cable from the wifi router to the TV  for a wired connection and reset the cable box by unplugging it for 5 minutes and letting it reboot and then I cleared all cookies and settings on the tv and still can't get paramount to load when going to apps. I get error code 044336 . If I run a hmdi cable to my TV from my computer I can watch paramount plus from the computer to the TV. The smart phones will connect to paramount plus, but no matter what I try the TV will not load paramount plus without an error code. Even then it doesn't fully load and after a minute of the code showing it goes back to the apps screen. 

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hi there, @user_5fd2fd, thank you for taking the time to comment and share your experience with us. I appreciate the in-depth troubleshooting you went through. I understand how frustrating it would be to go through so many steps and receive no resolution. Please rest assured, you have reached the best team for assistance. Please send us a direct message with our full name and service address so we can dig into this a little more with you. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Press Enter to send your message

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

Best team?  LMAO!  No, they are the Worst!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I’m having the same problem with the ESPN app  tried all the troubleshooting options listed above have had this problem since I got the flex box

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @user_379d00, I'm sorry you've had to deal with this issue on your Flexbox for so long. I love sports, so I can imagine how this has been for you. I have your back and will stick with you until we get this fixed. Thank you for already trying to troubleshoot this on your end. Since you mentioned you've done some of the first steps, I'd like to take a deeper look and go from there. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I too am having this issue - more often than not.  Sometimes Paramount+ loads and but most frequently it errors out with "app-04036".  Have tried restarting the X1 box and clearing cache/saved data.  While clearing the cache/saved data option re-presented the Paramount+ login screen, after doing so it timed out again with the same "app-040036" error code.  No other apps (such as Netflix) have this problem (which I had to sign into again after clearing the cache/saved data).  Like a previous poster said, it is frustrating to pay for an app that cannot be used with Xfinity even though it is indicated as a provided app service.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for sharing those details. I would be frustrated too and want to help get this resolved. Are you currently seeing this error code on your screen? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

There is no error code depiction shown in your post (if that is what you meant).  The error code is not permanently displayed on the TV screen and disappears after about 30 seconds exiting to the app screen.  When trying to load Paramount+ today, the error message again appears - disappearing after about 30 seconds and returning to the app screen.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

According to Paramount+ to resolve streaming issues on your x1 box would need to do the following: 

1. Unplug the device from the power source, and wait several 15 seconds, then plug it back in. The device automatically turns on when plugged in
  2.  Relaunch the Paramount+ app

If you're still having an issue, please restart the modem/router, then relaunch the Paramount+ app

Will you please restart your modem/router and then log into the app again and let me know how that goes. If you get the error again please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Peer to peer" message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I unplugged the X1 cable box and tried to launch the Paramount+ app again.  Still got the "app-04036" error message.  Restarted the modem/router.  Same "app-04036" error message.  Will send a "peer-to-peer" message.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for giving those steps a try and for sending this Peer-to-Peer message. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Last night at 10:23 pm xfinity cable box went down in the middle of Picard (Paramountplus).  Could not get Paramountplus to come back.  I am more than unhappy.  What is going on?   Error code - app - 04036.   

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Same error code:  APP-04036.  More than unhappy.  In the middle of Picard on Paramount+ cable box went down.  All viewing for all functions down.  Once box rebooted, was not able to return to Paramount+ app.  This is not the service that I expect.

I did empty saved third party data which of course meant that I had to relog on to most of my apps.  Again, this is not the service I expect.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @user_78ccfc, I'm sorry that your night was ruined in the middle of such a great new series. I can imagine your frustration, I would be reacting the same way if I was in your shoes as well. We certainly don't want that experience for anyone, and we don't want you to have lowered expectations, so I'd love a chance to work with you on this error code. You mentioned that you rebooted your cable box and that all of your viewing functions were down. Is this still the case? If so, to make sure we're on the same page, you're not able to watch live tv, DVR'd content, or On Demand content?  

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Rebooted; followed suggestion to clear third party information.  That didn't make me any happier since I had to resign on to the majority of my apps.  The last few days it has been so so.  As a rule, Paramount+ has difficulty loading.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_78ccfc, yikes, I don't blame you, signing into everything does sound like a pain. So-so is definitely not the goal, and I can stick with you until things are working as they should. Is that error code still present? Have you noticed any issues with any other apps? 

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​  More Philippine BS. They can’t fix this. All they do is say the same thing, reboot, reset cookies, resend singles, unplug router, get a new X 1 box…and none of this works. Xfinity has failed its subscribers.  Sad point, Xfinity management doesn’t care!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I’m having the same problem, APP-04036 error code, also only on Paramount+ for the past several days now. I was successful after multiple tries earlier tonight but got knocked out of the app due the Emergency Alert broadcast. This is both annoying and frustrating. It needs to be fixed immediately! 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I’m having the same issue! Has anyone offered a solution?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@user_c7a7bb​  

It seems like this problem has existed for sometime now and neither xfinity nor Paramount wants to take ownership.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

That’s cause they don’t give a damn. Their Philippine support is totally inept and only strives to make you feel better while accomplishing nothing

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Having the same issue with paramount+. Won't load at all and keep getting error message APPS-04036. Restarted modem but no change.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here