RadTV's profile

Problem Solver

• 

539 Messages

Friday, December 11th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

Equipment upgrade for XG2 box?

CBS all access has been added to X1 but when attempting to look at the app using the XG 2 box, I got the message that an equipment upgrade is required. I also got the message when accessing Hulu. Can someone confirm if there is newer equipment for the XG2? 

I also have a 4k DVR which appears to be fine. I did not receive the upgrade message when using the 4k DVR.

Problem Solver

• 

539 Messages

4 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/cbs-all-access-app
There are 2 types of XG2 one is not compatible, assuming you’ve got the Samsung model
A compatible streaming device (excludes Xi5 TV Boxes) with Xfinity Flex service or a compatible X1 TV Box (RNG150, Pace Xi3, Samsung XG2v2, and Arris and Pace XG1v1 TV Boxes aren’t compatible) with Xfinity X1 service.

How to order  compatible equipment to ensure the correct TV box is given? I see that you can order equipment using the existing equipment but I'm not sure how that works?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/cbs-all-access-app
There are 2 types of XG2 one is not compatible, assuming you’ve got the Samsung model
A compatible streaming device (excludes Xi5 TV Boxes) with Xfinity Flex service or a compatible X1 TV Box (RNG150, Pace Xi3, Samsung XG2v2, and Arris and Pace XG1v1 TV Boxes aren’t compatible) with Xfinity X1 service.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Escalated to an Official Employee to work with you to make sure you get the right equipment. Expect a response here

Problem Solver

• 

539 Messages

4 years ago

@dcfox wrote:

Could be delayed a while as I have had several orders delayed. Probably the Vaccine shipments that just started and have priority. 

I hope to get the order soon because the prompt also stated that I have 30 days to return the current equipment.

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

4 years ago

Could be delayed a while as I have had several orders delayed. Probably the Vaccine shipments that just started and have priority. 

Problem Solver

• 

539 Messages

4 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
Escalated to an Official Employee to work with you to make sure you get the right equipment. Expect a response here

I went ahead and placed the order from the X1 system and followed the prompts. I hope I receive the proper equipment. After placing the order, the prompt said that I will receive tracking info via email when the order ships out which is what I'm waiting for now.

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

4 years ago

I would hope they would not bill if it is within 30 days of receipt which they can see with tracking. If they do call and they should take care of it. I had this problem a two months ago with a router and it was taken care of. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here