bricurran's profile

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Saturday, January 27th, 2024 9:26 PM

Closed

DVR won’t cancel recordings, recording episodes in duplicate , triplicate, etc

This is the same issue that a bunch of us experienced last year. I can’t add onto that post because it’s closed, but this is the same issue. No matter how many times I cancel some shows The DVR is automatically UNcanceling them shortly after. And similar to last year it is recording multiple copies of the same episodes over and over and I can’t cancel them to prevent . This was a very annoying issue last year, and there were many unproductive responses from xfinity essentially blaming the users until it finally just “went away”. Hopefully we can cut through all the usual back and forth—as most users on this forum are  adept at using the dvr and can recognize when functionality has changed versus their own behaviors—and just get the issue addressed with whatever solution fixed it last year. I have made no changes to the way I record. I have made no changes to the way I use and watch my DVR at all. The cancel functionality was working fine for months, and now it doesn’t. And suddenly the DVR is not smart enough to not record the same episode 10 times in a matter of days. Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

7 months ago

Thanks for posting on our community forums, @bricurran. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your DVR recordings. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? Did you try rebooting the DVR manually or through the Xfinity App? Is this happening when you try to delete the recordings through our Xfinity Stream App as well? Here are the steps on how to Delete DVR recordings using the Xfinity Stream app

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

7 months ago

Tried all those solutions and nothing worked — just like last year when this happened—so I’ve cancelled series recordings to stop dvr from filling up. I would recommend you go back and determine how this problem was solved last year. This issue was escalated to another level of support and resolved. Please review previous issue from July 2023.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@bricurran We will be happy to look back at when this happened last July. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.To send a "Direct Message":
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

2 months ago

I am having this same issue. So frustrating

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here