henrywong's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 2nd, 2021 12:00 PM

Closed

DVR starts recording 1 minute early and ends 1 minute early

I have been encountering an issue when I schedule a recording for a program where it starts 1 minute before it actually starts and ends 1 minute before the program ends. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

3 years ago

Hey @henrywong! We want to ensure you are able to get the full time you need for your recordings. When setting up the program, are you adjusting the start and stop time to be set for a minute early intentionally, or does it just automatically do that? Here is a really great article you can reference on how to adjust the start and stop times for your recordings to make sure it is set up the way you want: https://comca.st/2NOjB9w. Please let me know if this helped out!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same problem. The article you reference helped me to see how to change the end times to 3 minutes late (I wish I could set it to 2 minutes late), but I do not have options to begin 2 (or 3) minutes late, only on time, 1 min early or 2 min early.

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Hello, @user_bob! We only offer the option to start the recordings early, not late at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and will forward feedback for you regarding wanting to start a recording later than the scheduled timeslots. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

3 years ago

If you are recording a specific show regularly, you can go into record options and adjust.  I have found The Simpsons always cuts off 2 minutes before the episode ends.   Some shows are automatically adjusted through Xfinity, but most aren't.   1 minute early on both ends definitely is weird. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here