Closed

Dvr records only 3 programs at a time

I was recording 6 at a time now only 3 or I get a conflict message

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

6 months ago

Hey @debra323,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. It sounds like you are receiving a conflict message due to the number of set-top boxes within the home. Do you have more than 1 set-top box on your account?

While the main DVR can record up-to 6 concurrent shows, the DVR does need to share the tuners needed to record those shows with the additional set-top boxes (Xi set-top boxes) within the home. If another TV in your home is being used to watch television, that would remove a tuner eligible for recording on the main set-top box..

If you turn the other televisions on the house off, that should put the additional set-top box into standby mode and free the tuner for recording. 

Could you please let us know how many set-top boxes you have within the home and a more specific error you receive? It should begin with XRE-xxxxx or RDK-xxxxx. We hope to hear from you soon.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I only have one tv with a box 

your answer does not help

Official Employee

• 

475 Messages

@debra323 we would be happy to take a closer look. Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here