shimadk1's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, March 12th, 2019 11:00 PM

Closed

DVR recordings disappeared

All my recordings prior to 12/31/2018 disappeared today without me deleting them.  Is there another problem that has occurred with the cloud recordings or has the daily update just removed older recordings?

There was was sufficient space so please don't tell me that they were deleted to make room for new recordings. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Recognized Contributor

• 

1.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hello, all. 

Thank you for reaching out. I definitely understand your concern regarding the recordings. This is a known issue, and we're working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you all so much for your patience. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Answer was vague; when will it be fixed?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I know how you feel I have been deling with the same isue since april of last year. I have send a priveta message to ComcastChe and ComcastAlly with details of how frustataded I'm to the point that I will problably cancelled my subscriptions (Internet,Phone and Cable) with Comcast I have been a customer since 1995 and since last April 2018I been having the same issue of missing recordings and recordings been deleted from my DVR. I have not received any form of notice of how this issue is been address. Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

All Comcast has done was to request m to text my account info to them so they could investigate further.

I as originally told they could only go back 3 months so I didn’t respond as my recordings were older than that.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I lost almost 50 recordings last night. Just vanished. And it still says my DVR is mostly full. I want those recordings back! Is there any update on this or why it keeps happening?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Recordings from both more than one year ago and recordings made less than one year ago are both gone. And the DVR was not full, so it shouldn’t have needed to delete anything to stay under the size limit. And nothing has ever suddenly gone missing before, and certainly not dozens of recordings like yesterday.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have been noticing this same issue for the past month. I had some recordings and they started disappearing. For example, I had been recording the series The Flash. I knew that I had watched all of them through episode 13. However, my DVR picked episodes 16 and 17. When I looked for the missing episodes on Demand, there were no longer available to view for free. There was only an option to Buy the episode. I think Xfinity is resorting to some sneaky tactics to get more money. It’s ridiculous, because you pay for the DVR service. And I don’t need some rep responding to me about looking into my account. You know it’s an issue. Just fix it, or I’ll be shopping around for new TV service very soon.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Turned on cable box and "recordings" is not even an option anymore?? Have two boxes and recordings are showing up on only one and can't do anything with the first one.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Exbiffteen, thanks for letting us know about your lost recordings. Are you using a Pace DVR? There is a known issue affecting the Pace Xg1v3 that we are working on currently. 

Ken

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

And why can’t Comcast reimburse all of us who have lost content?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Our total saved was only at about 50%. Everything that was more than two months old was completely wiped out in the last two days. This saved material was all that kept us from dropping Comcast and switching to ROKU. Smart move, Comcast. Way to keep customers. Also, your internet is spotty at best. It seems to cut out when I’m working on an important project. Every time!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

On Monday May 20th, I noticed that our DVR % went down.  The day before it was in the 80% range of being full on May 20th it was below 50%.  I checked our recordings and noticed several show episodes and movies missing.  I tried re-syncing and refreshing the box.  Nothing changed.

I contacted Comcast through chat.  They asked me several questions.

No, we only have one box.

No, no one else in the household deleted things.
No, the items were listed to hold for a year and it has been less than a year.

Yes, I checked recently deleted

Yes, I refreshed and re-synced
The shows that are in recently deleted, I did delete.

No, I cannot list all the shows and movies missing.  I told them of atleast 2 shows that were missing episodes.
No, I did not check the cloud because I did not know we had a cloud.  But yes I see the cloud now next to some of the episodes.

They did something on their end.  A few episodes returned and the % went up slightly.  I told them that there were still many movies and episodes missing. I asked for a list of all the items that were missing.  They told me that they will return in 2 hours’ time.  I was then offered to purchase cloud access for $10 a month.  I declined.

It has now been over a week, no other missing movies or show episodes have returned.
My % is still low on the DVR.
Most shows when I go to play, they access the cloud and the playback and other DVR functions are not smooth.
Sometimes as it plays, it stops and says there is an issue and it will now access the on demand option (cannot FF through commercials)
It seems random as it records now, sometimes it is on the DVR and other times it is coming from the cloud.
When we go to watch a show it randomly asks for us to enter our pin to access shows that are below our set rating.
It locked us in Kid Zone, had to restart box.

We thought it may be our Box and have been trying to watch all the shows, I found this thread and I see others having similar issues.  Now I am thinking a Comcast issue.  We should not have to pay extra per a month to access a cloud we do not need.

Could someone from Comcast please reach out to me?  I would like a list of all the movies and shows that Comcast deleted for the past month.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My Non-full DVR has had dozens of recordings randomly deleted three times in the past 3 months. I’m wondering why I’m even paying for DVR service.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I wasn’t able to watch my dvr or via the website - but I can still access the recordings on my iPhone app!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This same exact same thing happened to us!!  We had about 75 shows just "disappear" b/c of Comcast.  All of them were shows recorded prior to Dec. 31st 2018.   Most were shows for our kids and some of the Holiday shows were 4-5 years old.  I have called many times now and I think Comcast just gives me an answer to get me off the phone.  Originally, they told me they did a system upgrade in the area and they were still working out some "glitches" but the shows would return soon and I should keep cheking.  Well, that was 4 mohths ago.  Comcast has the worst customer service of any company I know.  I'm paying for a service (DVR) that I am not receiving.  I think it is time for eveyone to "cut the cord" with Comcast, it is not worth the money any more when there are so many other options.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here