steveleit's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, July 3rd, 2024 12:16 PM

DVR recording

I have my DVR set to record Phillies games in the Wildwood N.J.area and they are usually on  NBC channel 847.  Yesterday's game was broadcast nationally and the DVR recorded the game on TBS instead but this was blacked out since NBC has local rights.  I ended up with a message that the telecast was not available on the channel Xfinity switched to recording on.  How can I avoid this from recurring?

Official Employee

• 

946 Messages

2 months ago

Hello steveleit. I was able to watch the Phillies game on 847, although they also broadcasted it nationally on TBS. It looks like they broadcasted the game on both networks.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Watching it is not an issue, the DVR is messed up and it ONLY records the TBS broadcast and not the NBCPH sports channel as it should, this is an error on the DVR part, I have my DVR set to record all Phillies HD recordings, but now when the Phillies are on TBS it only records TBS.  It should be able to be investigated and fixed internally. Very annoying, I just missed the first 4 innings.

1 Message

I’ve had the same problem. I’m in Gloucester County NJ. Todaybi got home late and when I started the DVR recording I got a black screen for three damned hours. And it’s happened before. I called customer support and they just don’t give a shit. The person from a foreign land in their broken English didn’t really even understand what I was trying to say. It was frustrating to say the least. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityWilliam​ the NBC broadcast was blacked out in the Philly area ( Xfinity Wildwood specifically) ....with a notice about broadcast rights or something to that effect

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hey there linky, I can imagine how annoying it would be to miss pretty much half the game. I'm a D-Backs fan, good luck this season 👍. Have you only noticed this DVR issue with TBS and Phillies games? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, JimWalko, thanks for contacting Xfinity Forums regarding your DVR issues. We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting the box. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps already? Are you only having issues with recording the game?   

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

22 days ago

This has happened with me the past 2 weeks with the Detroit Lions. It's forcing the record on NFL channel instead of the local fox network and recording a different team. Even when I specifically set for fox, it defaults to NFL channel. Clearly their support have no ideas what the issue is. It is NOT our dvrs!! It's your logic. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here