Slpasko's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sun, Apr 26, 2020 10:00 AM

Dvr recording not changing after deleting shows

Hello,

Our dvr is saying its almost full. But when I delete multiple shows, it does not change the percentage thats left on the dvr. For instance, we are at 91% and I delete 5 half hour shows the percentage does not change. I deleted the permanent folder as well, that did not change the % either. I had many shows in that folder and nothing changed the percentage. Any ideas why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Thanks!

Responses

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

1 y ago

@Slpasko wrote:
Hello,

Our dvr is saying its almost full. But when I delete multiple shows, it does not change the percentage thats left on the dvr. For instance, we are at 91% and I delete 5 half hour shows the percentage does not change. I deleted the permanent folder as well, that did not change the % either. I had many shows in that folder and nothing changed the percentage. Any ideas why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Thanks!

X1 stores HD shows for most channels as Mpeg4 files that take up little room. If the shows were SD channel recordings they also do not use much space. More information is needed. the recently deleted items do not count in the shown percentage in use of space.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here