U

Sunday, September 29th, 2024 5:16 PM

DVR Playback reliability is terrible

I estimate 9 out of 10 of my recorded shows don't play from beginning to end without interruptions and sometimes won't finish at all. Sometimes it'll stop mid-show, tell me there's a problem, and skip either forward or backwards as much as 10 minutes before resuming. Sometimes it'll stop, the screen will go blank and locked up for as much as 3-4 minutes before kicking out of playback altogether and ask me if I want to delete the recording. In such cases, after saying "no", we can try to watch it again, fast forwarding up to the point of interruption. Sometimes it'll continue on without problem, sometimes it will continue for a while before having another interruption, or sometimes it'll stop again in the same place. Sometimes after 3-4 attempts, we'll actually make it through the show and sometimes we never do. There's no consistent failure mode. Browsing the forum, I see other people have had playback problems too, but no solution was provided to their posts, support just asked questions. I'm really sick of these issues.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

21 days ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support @user_37m5fp.  We are so glad to hear from you and are happy to help in any way that we can.  No worries!  You have reached out to the best team of experts here to ensure that you are having the best experience with your service.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message with your details so that we can get started on this for you. 

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

• As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

• An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here