U

Saturday, November 11th, 2023 7:48 PM

Closed

DVR Playback Problems

I’ve been having issues for at least a year with playback on my DVR recordings. Always about halfway through the playback, the screen will either go black or the audio will become so far behind the video that I can never finish watching the shows. It’s very frustration. You pay for a service, you expect it to work. Any resolutions? 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

11 months ago

@user_jzy9re, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support! I am sorry to hear you have been having such a time with your DVR recordings. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? The Xfinity app is a good place to start. You can go through the troubleshooting steps for your DVR on the app. If you are still having issues, let us know and we can help. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

9 months ago

We are having the same problem. We pay a lot of money for the NHL package and are getting maybe 1/3 of the game that we have recorded and I am absolutely sick and tired of it. At some point it freezes and suddenly we have missed an entire period or more. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @Smiley1970,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. We can certainly help look into any possible DVR issues that you are experiencing. Let's gather some more information to see what is happening. Do you subscribe to a physical DVR or only have Cloud DVR storage space? Are you using a physical set-top box to watch the recordings or using the Xfinity Stream app and experiencing picture quality issues such as tiling or pixelations? Any additional information you can provide us can assist us in troubleshooting the issues you may be having with the playback of the DVR contents and recordings. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here