U

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

Friday, March 15th, 2024 11:37 PM

Closed

DVR playback from cloud

I have standard DVR service (to disk) but in the last 3 weeks all my long recordings (4 hours of golf) have played back from the cloud. Also a few, but not all, 1/2 and 1 hour recordings have also played back from the cloud. I have plenty of local space, 85%, so there is no reason why this should be happening so often. It's annoying as the response is much slower then normal plus a couple of times when I've FF the recording jumped back to the beginning. Will someone look into why this has started to happen.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

6 months ago

Hi @user_6423da Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. We are happy to help. Is this only happening with the Golf programs? 

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

Golf is the only long (greater then 1 hour) program I have recorded lately so I think it's more related to the length of the program then golf. Also note the a few , less the 10%, of 1 hour programs also playback from the cloud. The rest playback from my X1 box.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_6423da Are you using smart resume with these DVR programs? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

No, I don't use smart resume.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_6423da Thanks for getting back to me and confirming this is not a smart resume issue. You mentioned this is happening with your longer recordings. Can you tell me the names of the movies and shows you're having an issue with? Are these older recordings or newer ones?  

Are you watching through your cable box or mobile device? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

The only long recording I've made since this problem started are PGA golf, Thursday and Friday on  golf channel and Saturday and Sunday on NBC. Every one plays from the cloud. I'm watching through my X1 box.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

5 months ago

As to the recording jumping back to the beginning while FF, we have been experiencing this since last November on 80% of our in progress recordings

.  According to Cheri in the Executive Office on April 8,  Comcast/Xfinity is aware of this issue and is working on it.  We shall see. 

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

Yes this happened to me about 4 hours in with my Masters recording on Sunday. Any command, PAUSE, FF, 30 second skip , caused the in progress recording to jump back to the beginning. At least you got them to acknowledge that there is a problem. My interaction with them on this and another DVR issue has gone nowhere.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

@Lkgnvas we appreicate the follow up information. Once you receive a new update from the executive expert I'm sure other community members would be happy to hear the news. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_6423da, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the recording, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Comcast Business”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@user_6423da​  I suggest you take it to the Executive Support level.  At least you might get some $ for a service that doesn’t work like it should. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here