TraderRIC's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

Tuesday, November 7th, 2023 4:23 PM

Closed

dvr playback - corrupted playback - either exits recording or shows error message

I recently replaced my X1 box because it was taking 10-20 seconds to change channels.  A replacement was shipped to me and channel changing is fine but DVR playback is almost unusable.  Most recordings randomly exit the recording during playback or may play an error message saying the system encountered an error and is attempting to resolve it.  Sometimes it continues playing the recording, other times it simply exits the recording.  The other thing I noticed is that none of my recordings made on this replacement box show as being "cloud" recordings.  On the previous box, almost all recordings had the cloud icon associated with them.  I have tightened connections, restarted, refreshed, pulled the power plug and restarted, all to no effect.  I brought up the diagnostic screens and nothing looks obviously wrong.  I called customer support and they said everything looks OK from their end.  They suggested a service call.  Should I schedule a service call or try one more time to get a replacement box?

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

11 months ago

I have the SAME Exact problem. They have replaced my box 3 times... it's still plays like hot garbage.  I think they have an inherent problem in the design of how they send/push data in the DVR service.  Doesn't matter if I use their TV box, a PC, a Phone, or TV app... always the same thing.. their DVR service is just broken.  They have forced me to look for other sources and now I'm using it less and less and thinking I'm going to jump ship to youtubeTV or another TV delivery service. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@User_Dwight, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. If you would like assistance, let us know. We would be happy to help you with your DVR issues. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

11 months ago

Hello, @TraderRIC did that error message have a code attached to it? I'd like to continue troubleshooting this issue with you. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message: 

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon 
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

I'm not getting an error message ID.  I just get text in the upper right corner of the screen that says an error was encountered while playing back the recording and the system is attempting to redove the error.  Sometimes it resolves the error, sometimes the screen goes black and then exits the video.  Often during playback the video just stops playing and exits.  When this happens, playback exits at exactly the same point if I restart the video, but if I fast forward over this point, I can continue watching the recording.  This behavior happens on about 60% of everything I record.

Official Employee

• 

252 Messages

@TraderRIC Could you please send our team a direct message. Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

9 Messages

We've started seeing the same issues when we upgraded to a new TV box (XG1v4-A) in December because our old one was overheating.  I've also seen numerous other forum entries on the same issues.  It can't be a coincidence.  All the resetting and hard resets (unplug) does not seem to work.  There seems to be a hardware and/or software with these TV boxes.  One thing we saw with all these errors that I haven't seen anyone else mention is that sometimes when we get kicked out of our recording, it jumps our TV to the previously viewed station.  Another thing we observed is when we rewind a recording or a live program, I don't see the time on the viewing bar moving back.  When I then hit 'play', it's still at the place where I started the rewind.  Something is not in sync. 

When we see the 'Sorry, we're having trouble connecting.' error message, sometimes there is no error message and other times we saw the error number XRE-03056.  I'm not sure I want to get a new TV box if the problem is inherent in the hardware and/or software.  Maybe a recall is needed?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello user_od1gl0

Appreciate you reaching out! Unfortunately, hard resetting a device is not always effective. X1 has an amazing functionality for software refresh signals. Do you have the Xfinity app? You can use the app to send the signal which I love, or even easier, you can go this route with the voice remote:

Performing a System Refresh on X1

1. Press the A button on your remote control, or visit the Help section in Settings. (Saying “System Refresh” into your Voice Remote will take you to step three.)
  2. Highlight the System Refresh tile, and press OK.

9 Messages

Hi Thomas.  Thanks for the response.  I did to the TV box reset using the voice remote under option 'A'.  I forgot to mention that in my previous entry.  I just tried it and it's says there is an outage in my area even though my xfinity app says I'm not currently unaffected by the outage.  I didn't know how to send the signal from the app.  Anyway, I'll try it later this evening or whenever this outage is resolved.  I'll let you know what's happens.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here