Jimdish07's profile

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

Saturday, June 22nd, 2024 12:58 AM

DVR Freezing

What a pain. This keeps happening even after a new box replacement. Watching Olympic Trials Track Meet. Had to leave for a bit and when I came back freezes and loops for a few seconds where I left off. The status bar shows continuous recording but I'm stuck at 39 minutes of a 2 hour recording! What's going on with these boxes or your system? It's pretty clear from multiple postings this is not an isolated issue.

The worst problem is the incredibly frustrating ordeal of trying to speak to a real person on the phone. Why do we have to jump through hoops to get to a live person? I pay A LOT OF MONEY and feel like less than a number in this system. Then finally the issue keeps getting turned back on the consumer as if we're somehow not doing the right troubleshooting. We shouldn't have to continuously troubleshoot your system and your equipment. And the Xfinity assistant is a dead end. I tell it the problem is on ALL boxes and it asks me to select the serial number of the box with the problem, with no boxes listed. Might as well be communicating with an internet troll. 

When will the DVR freezing and failing issue be resolved if ever? 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

3 months ago

Hello Jimdish07, thank you so much for taking the time to relay your experience with DVR recording concerning the Olympic Trials that recently began to air.  Even though these recordings may be having issues, you can re-watch any of the trial coverage via the Olympics hub on X1. 

Since you've done a lot of troubleshooting yourself already, we'd like to talk with you 1-1 whenever you have time. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, and then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and I'll be happy to help.

1 Message

2 months ago

How does this help other people having the same problem?

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

Hi there, @user_6jfanb! We would usually return to the post publicly and mention what the fix was. In this instance, we would need to look at the account to move forward, so chatting privately is required. Were you also having a similar issue at this time?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here