U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 23rd, 2022 11:33 PM

Closed

Dvr Deleting Recordings

Please help. My dvr has been randomly deleting recordings and these are things I will never be able to see again. I have the recordings set to not delete until space is needed. 2 days ago it was at 23% today we went to watch a recording and it deleted important things and is now at 19%.  There is nothing in the recently deleted folder either. Is there anything I can do to retrieve these? And also to get this to stop happening?

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

1 year ago

@UnhappyDVR

Thank you for your post. You're in the right place for help with your DVR. Please send a direct message with your first and last name, as well as complete service address to "Xfinity Support". To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

1. Click "Sign In" if necessary
 2. Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 3. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 4. Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 5. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have the same problem and have in the past.  This time I lost about 20 Christmas movies/shows that I had last year.  They are not currently available and are not the oldest recordings.  They seem to be randomly deleted for no reason.  I have not reached full capacity.  Not sure what other recordings are missing. This never happened with my old DVR that stored recordings on the unit. The "new" box that stores with Xfinity has more capacity but what good is it if it deletes without warning.  If you look at posts you will see that this happens to many people over the years and does not get resolved.  So frustrating to look for a recording and find it is gone.

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

This is certainly not the experience that we want you to have with our services and your DVR recordings, @user_5a4b523. My team and I would be more than happy to help look into this with you to turn this around. Please send us a Direct Message so that we can get started.

To send a Direct Message [private message]:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon

or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  • - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

@user_5a4b523​ 

I have the problem to but never really tried to figure out what was going on.  But looking through the numerous thread over years of this happening and nothing being resolved I certainly don't intend to spend months with comcast going nowhere and guess I'll just live with it like everyone else. 

BTW I have recordings pre-2020 so the year old bit is not true.  I recorded a movie series awhile back at about the same time (within a few days I think) and 2 of the 3 are gone.

I am at a whopping 32% so it has nothing to do with capacity.  I have been up in the 80% and not lost stuff.   I too have looked at the trash and never seen any of the disappearing movies. 

But I extend my thanks to all you who have spent precious days/months of your LIFE with only boilerplate responses from comcast and never getting any resolution.  My hats off to  you. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here