U

Thursday, February 8th, 2024 3:58 PM

Closed

DVR Deleting Recording

Why has the DVR settings changed? I no longer have the option to keep a recording longer than a year. I am paying for the DVR; therefore, it should be my option not yours when I delete a recording. 
I have been a customer for 31 years, pay the bill every month on time. You keep talking away services and I keep paying more. 
Fix the DVR program back to the way it was.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

7 months ago

Thank you for reaching out @user_vn5jfh We are unable to make changes to keeping a recording longer than a year. For an overview of storage visit the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-dvr-storage-overview

3 Messages

@XfinityDena​ Why was the DVR setting changed and why didn't you let us know it was going to change?

Until recently, I am not sure when the change happened, there was an option to keep the recording until space was needed. Someone decided to change the DVR setting to one option, keep recording for one year. Why? Shouldn't it be up to the customer who is paying for DVR space as to when a recording should be deleted? 

Recently, the X1 Xfinity DVR cable box stopped working in the evening. I had no cable. Went to Xfinity the next morning to return and pick up another X1 Xfinity DVR cable box. I did not receive the same box.   I lost the options with the new cable box. I can no longer back up the channel for an hour or more after watching a DVR recording and after turning the TV on, I could also back up for an hour the channel the TV was left on. And I no longer have a clock. 

I keep losing options and paying more. 

Someone made the change to take away the DVR option, keep recording until space is needed; therefore, someone could put it back. Reading other posts, others are unhappy with this change. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_vn5jfh we hear you, there's sometimes movies and/or shows we want to keep. We updated our DVRs a few years ago to make sure that when changing out your box in the future does not result in loosing your recordings like in the past. 

Because Cloud DVR recordings are a subset of what was recorded on your old DVR, only the most recent 150 hours of recordings are available. Also, only Cloud DVR recordings that were made after June 7, 2016, are available for playback on your TV Box.

Also, most content nowadays is also available via Xfinity OnDemand!

You can manage your recordings right from the Xfinity Stream app

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

My question was not answered. Why was the DVR recording option, "keep until space is needed", taken away? The only DVR recording option is "one year", Why?

Sure most recordings are available, but some are not on the Xfinity Stream app. Also, the Xfinity Stream app. is the internet which causes a problem if you do not have unlimited internet.

Once again, I pay for 150 hours of DVR space. Shouldn't it be up to the customer how long a DVR recording is kept? 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

user_vn5jfh We arent too sure why the engineers chnaged it to one year only.We will be happy to submit your feedback to the appropriate team for review though and appreciate your input.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here