kcara's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Dolby Vision and Atmos on XG1v4

Are there any plans to have the XG1v4 box support both DV and DD+/Atmos?

The Xi6 supports them but this does not for some reason. Don't really understand why one would support these formats but not the other, also considering the XG1v4 costs an extra $20/mo to have on the account. In a perfect world I'd like to use the Xi6 as my primary and only box but I don't have an Xfinity gateway and don't plan on getting one. It still works when wired with ethernet, but runs into that XRE-10007 error every 24 hours or so.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@kcara wrote:

The Xi6 supports them but this does not for some reason. Don't really understand why one would support these formats but not the other, also considering the XG1v4 costs an extra $20/mo to have on the account. In a perfect world I'd like to use the Xi6 as my primary and only box but I don't have an Xfinity gateway and don't plan on getting one. It still works when wired with ethernet, but runs into that XRE-10007 error every 24 hours or so.

how is your audio connected from TV to the sound bar/receiver? is audio menu of the STB set to expert?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

@kcara wrote:

how is your audio connected from TV to the sound bar/receiver? is audio menu of the STB set to expert?

XG1v4 connected to receiver via HDMI, receiver connected to TV via HDMI and audio is set to 'Expert'.

The Xi6 worked just fine with DV and Atmos using the same configuration.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

In installing Dolby Atmos speakers and trying Netflix movies that have Dolby Atmos audio tracks thru my XG1v4-A box, I noted that my AV receiver's sound mode menu never even included Dolby Atmos. I found that my XG1v4-A box was not set to "Expert" mode so I fixed this. So, tried again. Now my AV receiver's sound mode menu does include Dolby Atmos and when I select it Dolby Atmos does show up on the AV receiver's screen, but in a second or two reverts back to and plays a non-Atmos sound mode. In using the Netflix app thru my TV instead of the XG1v4-A box the Dolby Atmos does display on my AV receiver's sound mode menu and stays locked in when playing the movie. Perhaps this quirk will help the Xfinity engineers find the problem?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

That's interesting because I tried setting it to Expert mode and was still seeing Dolby Digital on my receiver not DD+ or Atmos. When I had the Xi6 I didn't even have to set it to expert mode to output Atmos.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Hopefully someone will pick up on this older thread, and we might help each other (provided you have not found an answer to your problems yet).

I have Sony SDR-H790 AVR, Xfinity, and top tier Netflix.  All settings are correct, and latest HDMI cables.

I get Dolby Atmos (DA) when I play a Blu-ray disc with DA and it shows on the display of my AVR.  If I reset the sound field, I get DA automatically.  If I select "direct", I get Dolby True HD.  If I select "AFD", I get DA.

With Netflix, the best I can get is DD+ when I select "direct".

Let me start with the basics.  When I see the movies on Netflix that I know are supposed to be presented in DA, should the icon for DA show instead of the Dolby 5.1 that I see now?

Thanks everyone.  I know this sounds simple, but this has me stumped, and I've searched for two weeks for the answer.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Sacto_Rich or Kcara, could you reply to my post, please?  We seem to have similar systems.
Expressive Exchange

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here