txcardinalfan's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, April 20th, 2024 7:46 PM

Discovery Plus sign up/sign in pop up

Randomly for the last 7-10 days while watching regular TV  the Discovery Plus Sign Up/Sign In screen pops up.  The Xfinity remote will not remove the frozen screen.  This has happened once daily at random times.  Anyone else having this problem?  How do I fix this?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 months ago

I have the same issue.  I could be watching anything, Netflix, Apple Plus, regular TV and suddenly Discovery Plus pops up and you cannot do anything. Even if you shut the TV off and turn back on, it’s still there.  You have to shut it off, and leave it off for a few minutes to be able to use the TV again.  

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

@user_2b1574, Apologies for the concerns you are coming across with the popup you referenced for Discovery Plus. Are you ever receiving any error messages by chance? Also, are you currently experiencing a frozen screen now?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

No error messages.  Discovery + sign up screen just pops up. I don't have Discovery +.  

it is happening more often now.  The only resolution is to shut off the TV for several minutes. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I have a Sony Smart TV by Google. I believe I solved this issue by deleting the Discovery + app from the native Google Smart TV home page.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

5 months ago

Thanks for reaching out, txcardinalfan! So when the Discovery Plus sign up screen pops up it freezes your TV screen?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

Same issue here….very frustrating!

3 Messages

3 months ago

It’s been happening for two months. Restarting does not help. We use our Sony remote to go back to TV, then input, then HDMI2 and it goes back to the program. It happens randomly once or twice a day and is highly annoying. No error message. 

3 Messages

We do the exact same thing. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Will Xfinity ever do anything about the Discovery+ pop up?   Or are they just going to point fingers at each other.  IMO this is just poor customer service.  It’s there platform they have total control just take care of it instead of just pissing off your customers!

3 Messages

1 month ago

This has happened to us as well for the last 4-5 months.  It is SO annoying!!  We use our TV remote to go back to TV and change the input and it fixes it.  But it is definitely annoying when you miss part of what you're watching!  And it's random as far as when it happens. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here